[[Template core/front/global/utilitiesMenu does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
  • Announcements

• Dave Ambrose

General Usage   05/10/2017

If someone is acting badly, either in a forum or a private message, please report it. There are conveniently located buttons for sending the post to the moderators. 

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. 65 Plymouth Satellite (Moebius)

Great build-great color !!! G
  3. 64 Plymouth Belvedere (Lindberg)

Another great build !!!! ++++++++++++
  4. Revell Caprice Parts

PM answered. Thank you.
  5. 80 Dodge Ramcharger (Revell)

This is totally cool !!!
  6. 70 Road Runner (Monogram)

Great looking mopar !!!
  7. Stock up on Humbrol Paints now!

Thanks for the tip, Christian, I will definitely stock up now. Humbrol has always been my favorite brand for brush painting, thanks to the attributes you mention above. I've tried the other known brands but they don't compete IMO. The one disadvantage is the lack of a pure white.
  8. Stock up on Humbrol Paints now!

They work best when you store them upside down, heat them and stir them for at least five minutes before use, and thin them with proper enamel thinner. I still use them extensively for detailing and painting pretty much anything that isn't a body. Yes, with brushes. They are very densly pigmented, especially their reds provide marvellous covering. Reds are often quite scumbling, not so the Humbrols. Spray painting them was always though, I gave up on it after a few unsuccessful tries.
  9. Today
  10. Dakar 2018 build; Renault 5

Now this is differend.. Interesting model..
  11. Dakar 2018 build; Renault 5

It almost feels like a Dakar to me, I had 2 flat tires this week, an accident and working 50-60 hours per week. So, little time left for building, but somehow, I managed to get some stuff done Time for progress, I started to paint all the smaller parts Putting it together and start to testfit, since I glued the engine compartment to the body, rather than the chassis, as Italeri wanted me to do. I put the seats back as much as I could And painted the casted wheels, albeit a bit rough, it will work. I used the molotow pens for the chrome   The interior is starting to get together,   I added a few detail pieces, not as much as I wanted to do so, but have to look at the time left over. Rather than glueing the windows, I started recently with using double sided tape, very strong and does not mess with the windows. I call the interior to be done I am getting there, I have today left to finish it. I worked on the decals yesterday, so I am going to use today for some weathering.
  12. Dodge Dart `68

Got interior done
  13. KWhopper900

I will for sure. I thank them the very few times I have been able to see them. And yes I got the aftermarket wheels/tires for the truck. I have plans for the stock wheels and tires.
  14. GM and Chevy Quality

The current GM adds really crack me up as it imply's that the older GM vehicles are junk. I have to say that I love my 99 S10! I bought it new and now have 243,000 on it. It has the original 4.3 4L60 and rear. Not one recall on it ever. My 2006 Ram has had a few recalls including the airbags. Reliability comes down to proper maintenance. Most maintenance is neglected until something fails then it is repaired.
  15. KWhopper900

I will for sure. I thank them the very few times I have been able to see them. And yes I got the aftermarket wheels/tires for the truck. I have plans for the stock wheels and tires.
  16. 68 GTX grille

@ Curt: Thanks for your words. @gtx6970: Sorry, you´re right it´s a roadrunner... Sometimes google plays with me. Will try to get the right one done anyway. Thanks for this comment, because it helps me a lot.
  17. Do you have to use Alclad clear or will any clear work.
  18. GM and Chevy Quality

This was just before that, and it was a print ad.
  19. GM and Chevy Quality

yeah, wasn't that "Joe Isuzu" I'm lying campaign?
  20. KWhopper900

Nice choice to build.. there are some down falls to this kit like the tires but overall you will enjoy it and it should be a fun project...Make sure you thank her brothers for their service to our country. Will be looking for pictures down the road.. Are you going to use those Mobius after market wheels and tires? Good choice.. have fun
  21. What do you drive?

yeah, now there is a sight I haven't seen in awhile. your floor looks reasonably solid under the snow and leafs (?) is a good dream you got Cale, but mucho expensive, 'specially in Canada...don't sell the 440 short, if you plan on street driving it as well as dragging it, the 440 is waaaay more tractable than a hemi, and can crank just as good. my dad actually had a hemi car, '67 charger, I do remember him cursing it a lot....and the 727 is just as durable as a th400, auto's can be made to shift faster than a human can row the gears too. keep them and wit the money you save, upgrade your axle down the road. i'm assuming you will also do most of the work, so, more money saved for your truck the 440 in my old challenger could melt the tires at will... come from a fam of old skool gearheads, especially my dad and my uncle and my bil. my dad was into Chryslers back in the day, prob had 25 or so, chargers, windsors, 300's, newports, dusters... have some pics of polaroids from the late '70's to the '80's. those were my "golden" times as a kid, had quite a collection of machinery, then.....marriage...... . we had a house fire in the '90's, not a lot comes thru undamaged... we lost most of our photo albums (your young, go look up what a photo album is...lol) so I don't have a lot left from then except some great memories in my head... these are just pics of some photographs I got left gangly little 16 yr old with my '68 nova (was a big nova fan)................................."inherited" this duster from my dad......................................................cause he was playing around with this at the time of course like all teens I did not want to be like my parents, so I branched off mopar my 327 vega and my 'stang,. notice the similar design paint schemes? white with blue stripes, I also had a '70 Camaro painted pretty much the same way, I will try to find the pic my chevelle and my (true) SD Beaumont. I had a few other cars as well, a '58 desoto, a '66 fairlane, a '73 torino, 4 asst '68-'74 nova's, a couple japanese cars, 4 street bikes.... then my uncle moved to town... he had this bitchin' mud racer in the '80's...at which point cars pretty much ceased to exist to me...lol. some of my first trucks, the Glad and f100 are mine, the sub was a few hundred dollar truck I never plated or insured, used it out in the back 40 only, till it ended up on it's roof one night....the wagon was my dad's, he made it into a sleeper, dropped a LTD 460 into it my old '68 custom cab, my K5 and my K20 behind my dad's Cordoba. this was pretty much the last car he bought for himself too, he's into ford trucks, has a fleet of SD's, his current toy is a '011 diesel crew longbox 4by with a bigger turbo, power programmer, and propane injection. it's a beast, prob around 1500 pounds of torque...my dad's corboba may look mild, but it had a very "special" 360 under the hood. it could and did do 150mph on the highway, as confirmed by the Williams Lake RCMP..... can also throw a '69 K10, '72 jimmy, 3 squarebody's from the '70s and 2 from the '80's in the collection. my wife had 2 real nice chevy steppers 20 yrs ago as well, a '77 K10 and a '81 C10. my current trucks I have had for over 15 yrs and 22 yrs...that marriage thing.... this is my Bil's truck, pro-street LRE. this pic was actually taken very late in the '80's you can read all about it here..... http://www.440magnum.com/mopars/2004/october/1979dodgelilredexpress.shtml
  22. I'm not looking for scale size flake. I know that what I want will be out of scale, but that's ok with me. On something like a 1/16 funny car or the Tamiya 1/12 scale Dodge van, it would still be out of scale, but not quite so bad. Those two subjects are also good place to put a wild paint job. I used to have something even bigger; a toy RV made for the "Bratz" dolls. AFAIK, not a faithful representation of any real RV, but a huge canvas for a cool paint job. I no longer have it, though. A friend of mine came over with his 4 year old daughter. She saw it in the garage and started playing with. She was just fascinated with it, even without the dolls. She's a good kid. I gave it to her. I did tell my friend that I would like it back when she gets tired of it. About 3 or 4 years later, I asked if she still plays with it. "Yes. Every day". Eh. That's cool. That's what it was made for.
  23. Sacrilege or really cool? Hmmmmm...

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Lose the 93mph limiter and throw some slicks and skinnies on lightweight rims on one of those Bolts, and you could go and play with Musclecars in the Quarter Mile, and probably put a few on the trailer!
  24. What do you drive?

2016 KIA Soul Plus
  25. No. It's a lacquer & is fairly durable. It will rub off with a lot of handling but you can clear coat over it & still maintain an aluminum look. Steve
  1. Load more activity