Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell Q1 2015 releases

martinfan5

that list above with the "reissue" column sure makes all this seem a lot less impressive. even that boxster is a reissue...guess I never saw the original but here I thought might be a contender with the Tamiya...I would guess not then.

jb

Like I said Wheels of Fire SnapTite. It's all of 20 parts, if you count each tire separately. One piece chassis with metal axles, stickers instead of decals - typical Revell fare. Granted the Tamiya kits were curbside too, but at least they're real model kits.

About the only "positive" it has is for the scale bigots who absolutely can't deal with Tamiya kits since their kits the "wrong scale", it's 1/25 like everything else Revell did at the time (New Beetle, '02 T-Bird, PT Cruiser, etc). It's also probably the most indestructible model kit ever when assembled.

Edited by niteowl7710

Like I said Wheels of Fire SnapTite. It's all of 20 parts, if you count each tire separately. One piece chassis with metal axles, stickers instead of decals - typical Revell fare. Granted the Tamiya kits were curbside too, but at least they're real model kits.

About the only "positive" it has is for the scale bigots who absolutely can't deal with Tamiya kits since their kits the "wrong scale", it's 1/25 like everything else Revell did at the time (New Beetle, '02 T-Bird, PT Cruiser, etc). It's also probably the most indestructible model kit ever when assembled.

To illustrate James point

snaptite-porsche-boxter-125-revell-rev19

junk_zps125bf883.png

junk2_zpsfc166815.png

I heard the '80s F 150 'Ranger' will be the regular short bed and not the step side. I have not seen new photos of it yet. I think it only came out once in the '80s.

(it's the stepside that is being reissued, I just saw the catalog page)

Edited by Greg L.

Hmm...the Monogram F150 was only available in a 4x4 stepside. Revell, though, did make a Snap Tite regular short bed one back then...

I heard the '80s F 150 'Ranger' will be the regular short bed and not the step side. I have not seen new photos of it yet. I think it only came out once in the '80s.

Hmm...the Monogram F150 was only available in a 4x4 stepside. Revell, though, did make a Snap Tite regular short bed one back then...

The inclusion of "Ranger" seems very specific to the 1/24 Monogram Flareside kit, as no other Monogram nor Revell kit was labelled as such. The "Night Rider" snap-together Revell '80s F-series has been reissued once, but I don't recall any of the other early '80s F-series pickups from either Revell nor Monogram having been reissued.

Are they going to release a Ranchero before I attack the wagon with a hacksaw, I wonder?

'59 Caddy a straight reissue, huh? I wish they'd fan out the programme with different body styles/trim, like a Koop Devil, or a Fleetwood 60.

Resin casters, are you reading this?

Transporter trailer is a welcome reissue, considering them selling for mad prices on the bay of evilness.

I shall use an AMT Mack as a tractor for mine.

I realize that . I was just hoping beyond hope that R-M would cast up some 2WD parts for it ... or at least some new wheels and tires :) .

They did. It's just that they're in the '91 F-250. While the I beams aren't "technically" correct, they're quite passable IMO. I plan on using the entire chassis minus the heavy duty rearend under my "future" projects. It's much better detailed and has a floor pan molded in. The '81 just has a bare chassis with no floor pan and a poorly molded in exhaust. Plus, it has the differentials that are open on top. So, looks like I'll be in the market for some '91 F-250's also.

Yep that '57 Ford is really interesting. I gotta get a couple of those. I'm thinking about doing one Factory Stock, another one as Police Car and I think I need the third kit too to build a Surf Wagon!

Now everyone is really happy about the Ford. I bet once it comes out the complaining will begin. :rolleyes: I gotta get my popcorns ready. B)

Glad to see a '59 Cadillac HT also reissued. That is a perfect starting point for a Mild Custom project.

Now everyone is really happy about the Ford. I bet once it comes out the complaining will begin. :rolleyes: I gotta get my popcorns ready. B)

If something is WRONG, I'll complain. Don't assume all who complain enjoy it. Or do it automatically. I want great kits. I expect great kits. I don't want to fix stuff that should be correct on new tool. Wastes my time, and pts kit on bottom of huge pile.

Looks great, 57 was quite nice, didn't buy one due to sedan dislike. Wagons different deal, I'll buy every one I can find.

When will people (not just you, no offense) understand that it is just as easy to do it right, than wrong.

I'm hoping the F-code blower is in there, maybe the dual carb blower setup.

Ooooooh. Yellow car is gorgeous.

Edited by keyser

I'm in for a couple of the wagons if they turn out okay. I also will get a couple of the Datsuns and a few of the Willys. (Love the Olds motors on the Willys) I will get a Caddy, and I might pick up an auto trailer. This is a good group of reissues. I might even get a Ranger to keep the '77 GMC company on my 1/24 scale shelf.

As for the Ford wagon. I bet it would look nice pulling one of the Revell midgets. (I would probably have to upgrade the midget a bit to get to the late '50s, especially the wheels and tires) It would really be fun to build a surf wagon or street machine with old school parts. Given the ways in which these wagons were used, the possibilities for dioramas are endless. Camping scenes, family hauling, party wagons, tailgate partying, skiing, canoeing, lover's lane, and almost anything else would be appropriate. I may build one with a bunch of guitar cases and a drum kit loaded up for that first high school prom gig!

The Ford Custom kit is a lot of fun, so a two door sport wagon can only be more fun... right?

I'm in for a couple of the wagons if they turn out okay. I also will get a couple of the Datsuns and a few of the Willys. (Love the Olds motors on the Willys) I will get a Caddy, and I might pick up an auto trailer. This is a good group of reissues. I might even get a Ranger to keep the '77 GMC company on my 1/24 scale shelf.

As for the Ford wagon. I bet it would look nice pulling one of the Revell midgets. (I would probably have to upgrade the midget a bit to get to the late '50s, especially the wheels and tires) It would really be fun to build a surf wagon or street machine with old school parts. Given the ways in which these wagons were used, the possibilities for dioramas are endless. Camping scenes, family hauling, party wagons, tailgate partying, skiing, canoeing, lover's lane, and almost anything else would be appropriate. I may build one with a bunch of guitar cases and a drum kit loaded up for that first high school prom gig!

The Ford Custom kit is a lot of fun, so a two door sport wagon can only be more fun... right?

Actually,

The wheels on the Revell Midgets are right out of the 1950's (Halibrand made that style of 12" mags for years) and the tires? Those could have come from Firestone in 1957 as well.

Art

If something is WRONG, I'll complain. Don't assume all who complain enjoy it. Or do it automatically. I want great kits. I expect great kits. I don't want to fix stuff that should be correct on new tool. Wastes my time, and pts kit on bottom of huge pile.

Looks great, 57 was quite nice, didn't buy one due to sedan dislike. Wagons different deal, I'll buy every one I can find.

When will people (not just you, no offense) understand that it is just as easy to do it right, than wrong.

I'm hoping the F-code blower is in there, maybe the dual carb blower setup.

Ooooooh. Yellow car is gorgeous.

X2. On all counts. B)

Anybody even bother to notice how thread discussions of the better models have much less fur flyin' in them? This '57 wagon ain't followin' in the footsteps of the Kit That Must Not Be Named. So far, it's lookin' reeeeal good, like a worthy successor to the '57 Custom Sedan -

a kit far less controversial because there was far less obviously wrong with it.

And anybody pretending there isn't a clear cause-and-effect relationship between kit problems and kit criticism only proves who the scat-stirrers really are.

That 57 Ford wagon is a must have for me, be cool to see it as a police version too.....which means I have to get the Revell/MK 57 Ford police car as well (cos they will look good together).

SWC Willys is another Id like, and the 240z and Im glad to see the 59 Caddy hardtop back too

Now ....where is that money tree !!