Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell Q1 2015 releases

martinfan5

That looks like the original box art. I thought they would mothball the original kit after the new tool was release a few years ago.

Never underestimate the nostalgia factor, which flashes over much if not all the negative from the past, human nature...

Edited by Luc Janssens

The "old" SWC Willys kit is a totally different model from the newer version, it's the older (in real life) version of the car with the Old's engine and not the Chrysler, and is actually a legal gasser with two seats, and all the show worthy interior and shiny pieces. The newest Willys is just a generic coupe with the appropriate decals to make it appear close to the SWC car.

Just my personal preferences, but I'll take the older "finicky" kit over the new one all day long.

Edited by horsepower

Probably because it's not in HO scale, or 1/64th so you can't use it for your train layout, or to display your matchbox, or NASCAR collection on. And it's BIG most of us will be hard pressed to find a spot to display something this long after the tractor is attached.

Why are they listing the car hauler as "Big Scale"?

I suspect it's due to the fact that the box for the car hauler when compared to the size of a regular Revell kit is in fact bigger in scale...

I'd figure that too, and I noticed looking on Revell's website last night of the 2014 offerings, they had the reissue of the Peterbilt Wrecker listed that way too and in the same grouping as the truly "Big Scale" 1:16 scale rigs.

I just paid a lot.of money for a transporter trailer off eBay last month.
You can thank me now for.Revell reissuing it.

^FUNNY^

I mean, isn't that always the way?

IMG_7360-640x426.jpg

Dual-carb supercharged??

woooooooooooooooooooooowww

Where has that setup been all my life?

Edited by Chuck Kourouklis

Looks like the original issue from the '60's Revell-H-1287-2.jpg

I'm so glad they're bringing back the SWC Willys with the Olds engine. Been waiting for that one for a while now. Maybe I could kitbash this one with the Hemi SWC Willys to build the original restored car.

Except that it's the upscale-trimmed Del Rio.

Art

I'm really excited for this one, especially since it's a Del Rio. Can't wait to see this one hit the shelves!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Parklane

DR201870-3sm.jpg

That reminds me of one of (I think) Steve Stanford's designs of a '55 or '56 Ford 2Door Wagon that he rendered with Crown Vic' Molding over the roof, he showed it in the Aqua and White, the Minty Green color here would look good too. Now that's a Ford I could like.

I'd love to see a '55 or '56 come out too, I'll be getting one or two of the '57 wagons they look really sweet with all the Hot Rod trimmings, doll that Y-block up with the T-bird aluminum valve covers and air cleaner and you've got a winner.

The Auto Transport trailer, even though I'm not much of a truck modeler im thinking it would look pretty sweet loaded up with a whole bunch of Rods & Customs. Then you'd have to find something equally as cool to tow it...

I split the '57 Del Rio Ranch Wagon specific posts and moved them into a new post since there's quite a bit interest in discussing this particular kit, so please feel free to start a new topic for any other kit on this list which doesn't already have it's own dedicated topic.