Model Cars Magazine Forum

What will you be building during the coming Winter months?

As the cold winter months approach we'll all (or most of us) will be hunkering down at our workbenches to work on our next "works of art".

My plan is to add several more cars to my 1950's car collection as follows (in no particular order);

1958 Chrysler Imperial - I'll be using a builtup gluebomb that I got at a local model show last year. The planned color is Duplicolor Bright Aqua Metallic.

1958 Lincoln Continental convertible - I'm using a resin Modelhaus kit that I got at the NNL East show back in April. The planned color is a dark Midnight Blue.

1958 Mercury Parklane convertible - I'm also using a resin Modelhaus kit that I got at the NNL East in April. The color will be an almost Dark Cherry Metallic by Duplicolor.

1955 DeSoto - I'll be using a promo that I got on EBAY in October of last year. I haven't yet picked a color(s) for it yet.

1952 Chevrolet convertible - I'll be using a '51 Chevy convertible kit with '52 Chevy grille and bumpers from Modelhaus. No colors picked out for it yet.

1951 Ford convertible - I'll be using a '50 Ford convertible kit with '51 Ford conversion parts from Modelhaus. No colors picked out for it yet.

I have many more cars in my TO DO pile, and if I finish all of the above cars I may pick some more out of the pile to work on.

So, what cars do YOU have in mind to work on while the weather is frosty...???

Great topic!

BMW 320i (almost done, need to finish interior)

Porsche Slant Nose

1967 Chevelle (for the Cannonball Run)

1966 GTO (also for the cannonball)

At least 2 NASCARs

Ferrari California

Kawasaki 1100rr (**started but put away)

2007 Shelby GT500 (**)

1969 Chevelle (**)

Will update as I go.

If I get these 6 finished I'll be happy!

1964 Chrysler 300 hardtop ( Royal Ruby Metallic)

1958 Ford Fairlane 500 convertible ( Silvertone Blue & Colonial White)

1959 Pontiac Bonneville hardtop ( not sure of the color yet, leaning towards Cameo Ivory & Canyon Copper)

1965 Chrysler 300 hardtop ( Royal Turquoise)

1962 Chrysler 300 hardtop ( Luminous Green)

1961 Ford Starliner ( will be a very mild custom painted a color not available on the '61 Ford, Gunmetal Gray)

With any luck, I may add or substitute any of these;

1966 Chrysler 300 hardtop (Spanish Red)

1965 Dodge Monaco hardtop (Saddle Bronze) actually a '66 color

1967 Plymouth Fury hardtop (Turbine Bronze)

1960 Lincoln Continental ( color TBD)

1959 Lincoln Continental (color TBD)

1959 Oldsmobile 98 4 door hardtop ( color TBD)

Steve

If I can shake this flu off, which I've been down with for the last week, the next build to go on the bench will be the Revell Trabant 601, which will be painted in Trabant Champagne (Brown !), after that I'm really not sure what will be next ....

Everything that is started (in no particular order). That list contains:

1989 Batmobile

1964 Impala SS

1979 Camaro Z28

Moebuis International Prostar

1969 Yenko Camaro

1953 Corvette

Actually I would be floored if I just finished one kit. Deep down I know that probably won't happen.

I'm committed to three things, brushing out the local snowshoeing trails, building a garage "sort of like a diorama" for my grandson's Christmas gift, completing three jewelry boxes for my granddaughters' Christmas gifts, while working on my '34 Chevy. Is it possible to have too many hobbies? My next one was to be a '67 Mustang GTA like my other full size but the fellow making a coupe body (Jeff Ballard) has run into some personal issues and he tells me there will be a bit of the delay. Then I guess I'll attempt to turn the '62 GT Hawk kit I bought into a '64 like the one I once had. The side effect of this one is to build a replica of a '54 Stude I once saw with a Grand National drivetrain & interior using the remainder of the car I'll use for the GT Hawk.The long term plans were to do the other cars I once owned but of the three, possibly only the '31 Model A is feasible, there must be a kit of that somewhere. The '40 Packard 110 sedan and the '47 Olds 78 fastback sedan don't exist as far as I know.

I hope to finish a few kits that were started years ago and several new builds.

AMT 53 Ford PU started around 1982 from the Barris Cruisin USA Series. Changing direction from the original build which was going to use the Desoto Hemi & Chevy PU fenders. Going with the stock flathead and stock fenders.

AMT 32 Ford roadster with the Chrysler hemi started around 3years ago. Got frustrated with some of the parts fit, need to strip paint and fix a few things.

Lindberg/AMT 34 Ford PU, stared around six months ago, probably needs a few hours to finish.

New builds

AMT 32 Ford coupe, probably maroon with white interior and the kit small block. Going for a late 50's look with this one.

Revell snap 57 Chevy, something I can get some experience using BMF.

AMT 49 Ford, not sure how I'll build it yet.

Also sort through about 40 parts kits to consolidate what I have.

I started working on a few of the many WIPs that have been sitting on the bench last night. I am trying hard to finish some of them so I can have a clean bench and focus on some new projects come spring.

I'd list them out but I am embarrassed by the number of them! :D

I will be finishing the family room in the basement .

But I would really like to get some model bench time. If I do.

I want to finish my Dodge Boys 1964 Dodge SS and my LA Hooker Charger funnycar.

IF,,,,, I get those 2 done ( both are well over half done )

I want to finish the model I started to replicate my former 1970 Challenger 340 , I started this one probobaly close to ten years ago when I bought the actual car

Too cold here in northwest Illinois to paint in the winter. I'll do all the cleanup and sub assembly gluing and be ready to paint in the spring. I plan on the big Peterbilt tri axle wrecker, Some form of 32 ford, 67 Mustang, 69 Chevelle convertible with the Cutlass chassis, Some Dodge product but I don't know what yet, And If that AMT Cougar comes out, That will finish it off.

I'm thinking about getting to work on my Minnesota State Patrol collection. I have the kits. I've got proper decals made. Getting the correct paint is the only thing standing in my way. I have the Ditzler color code to get the paint put into spray cans. I just need to do it.

Scott

Edited by unclescott58

Hopefully, one of these!

http://www.vaterrarc.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=VTR03023

j1-ascender-05.jpg

Just have to buy Christmas presents first, squirrel away a bit more for Car Insurance (due Jan.), save up to get the rear brakes done on my Jeep (it's over due as they're original) and for new tires for the 200 by spring (they're nearing 32k and don't have the best tire life)

All the stuff I didn't get finished this fall. Lemme see what's on the short list:

1/48 P-51H

1/48 F4U-4 Corsair

1/48 F6F-5 Hellcat

MPC '69 Camaro

Revell '70 Chevelle SS Snapper

Revell '66 Chevelle wagon

Monogram '29 A pickup

Monogram '34 Ford

AMT Parts Pack T Altered

MPC '32 Ford Altered

But you know me--something shinier could grab my attention at any moment and jump to the top of my list. ADD is a terrible, debilitating disease.

I generally build year round, but I have to wait until I get my new room up. Once I get to start building again, I'm torn between the AMT 1/12 1937 Cord and some of my other projects. The Cord's gonna take a lot of work. It had been someone's shelf piece and looks like it took a dive. I'll have to remake some of the suspension bits.