Model Cars Magazine Forum

Foose 1/12 Scale '69 Camaro

So I guess the kits out? I wonder if Hobby Lobby will carry this kit, since they carry the other Foose kits.

No, not due until December.

I suspect, and this is my opinion only, the 1/12 Shelby Mustang will be discontinued at the end of the year, and eventually, the Foose 1/12 '69 will appear at Hobby Lobby. They've carried all of the Foose-branded kits so far (including the new '64 Impala), and my local HL has at least one Revell big scale kit on the shelves.

the wheels seem kinda Eleanorish?

and i guess getting it to sit as low as the picture in the box art will defenitly cause issues with the exhaust system

enginewise?..still a 302 crossram?..

anyway it's still a good thing to reissue it again and i'll be getting one ,all of the older non Tamiya 1/12 stuff is hard to get overhere...

it will probably be molded in black so it seems..to bad if an R/S grille isn't part of the deal

resincasters make your move!

No, not due until December.

I suspect, and this is my opinion only, the 1/12 Shelby Mustang will be discontinued at the end of the year, and eventually, the Foose 1/12 '69 will appear at Hobby Lobby. They're carried all of the Foose-branded kits so far (including the new '64 Impala), and my local HL has at least one Revell big scale kit on the shelves.

I kinda made that conclusion also, but I didn't know if there was a date set for release. I hope that Hobby Lobby carries it, I would be interested in a couple with the 40% discount. The Shelby has been a fixture set my local HL, the last one gathered a lot of dust.

the wheels seem kinda Eleanorish?

and i guess getting it to sit as low as the picture in the box art will defenitly cause issues with the exhaust system

enginewise?..still a 302 crossram?..

anyway it's still a good thing to reissue it again and i'll be getting one ,all of the older non Tamiya 1/12 stuff is hard to get overhere...

it will probably be molded in black so it seems..to bad if an R/S grille isn't part of the deal

I'm sure it will be molded in white like every other current release of Revell's. I'd bet money that it's just a re-release of the older kit, with new custom wheels and tires, decals, and nameless stock tires.

• 1 month later...

I think it may be molded in white and black, and possibly a third color, similar to the 1/12 Shelby Mustang GT500 kit which was molded in three colors.

As for the rs grille, that's far easier said than done. You also need to remove the back up lens in the center section of the tail light pieces, create the back up lamps and housings, modify the rear valance panel, and did I mention the grille? -_- I picked up an extra set of tail lights and a rear valance panel with this project in mind, but I'll still need to wait for the kit to arrive before getting started. Hopefully someone beats me to it. :lol:

IIRC, the original Monogram Z/28 issue was molded in orange and black? I have one in my stash, but never built it...I do want to dabble in large scale when I have a bigger hobby room.

Yes it was. I think the custom-only version was molded in all black, one reissued in orange and black, then the most recent reissue in all white plastic. It's kind of surprising how many times it's been reissued. More on that later.

Yes it was. I think the custom-only version was molded in all black, one reissued in orange and black, then the most recent reissue in all white plastic. It's kind of surprising how many times it's been reissued. More on that later.

Interesting...I didn't know it was ever reissued after the original.

Interesting...I didn't know it was ever reissued after the original.

All of these issues have different box art, though two seem close enough that they may have updated the Monogram logo while the kit was in the then current lineup. Lots of '90s Monogram box styles at the very least, and lucky us, we got the Monogram 1/24 '69 Camaro Z/28 as a bonus once. :wacko:

Haha. 15" wheels.

That brings to mind one of the odd aspects of this kit. The skinny stock tires for use with the Rally wheels are closer to 16" once the integrally molded trim ring is factored in, while the optional Goodyear Eagle tires and matching wheels are 14" in diameter, which is why I am very much looking forward to seeing what the new wheel and tire diameter will be.

Haha. 15" wheels. My car has 15" brakes....

15" wheels were the largest size for street cars at the time , and 14" were average .

I remember checking out the then-new 1984 Corvettes at the local dealership ; and when I saw 16" wheels on it (and those VR-50's !) I remember thinking , Whoa ! 16 inch wheels ! That's huge !

It wasn't until the mid-late 90's that wheel sizes got ridiculous . In 1993 , I was reading an article in Mopar Action whose feature was the prototype Prowler . Its wheels were outrageous ; and its 19" - 20" tyres were unreal !

I'll still take 14" - 15" wheels on my vintage cars , any day :)

• 2 weeks later...