Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Lil something different for me.

10177333_10203121637993428_6900519600181

It is a kit tho.. ;)

Just got that about two months ago - I didn't realize how hard it is to find RC kits! When I was younger, they were all kits - now, nobody wants to spend the time putting things together, I guess.

It's a great RC crawler and looks cool to boot.

Just got that about two months ago - I didn't realize how hard it is to find RC kits! When I was younger, they were all kits - now, nobody wants to spend the time putting things together, I guess.

It's a great RC crawler and looks cool to boot.

I Just swapped it out for a Dingo (hard to find).

10150671_10203127701825020_3088037095174

I need the shortest wheelbase for a Suzuki SideKick body I've been holding on to.

Not my body but ya get the idea..

4thofJulyScaleRun005.jpg

Lucky for me, I have a few R/C hobby shops in my Area but they have been sold out of Everything I was looking for.

You'd think it was christmas with the bare spots on their shelves.

Edited by RodneyBad

My '62 number two came in the mail. Since I got it cheap and it has that goofy cab fairing, I'm gonna hack on it. I'm thinking short bed, filled tail gate, small rear window with a little off the lid and dropped on the ground.

001_zps69125c5e.jpg

010_zpsf85bb648.jpg

GrHqYOKpUE4kQBlwSBOJyevFNfw_12-vi.jpg

My big NNL East haul! Yea, the Chevette, that's it! The show was busy this year and I didn't get much of a break, so I never looked at the vendors other than for show purposes. I spied this Chevette sitting high on top of a vendor display as I breezed by... it's the one I've been looking for, with the correct grill. Yea, I paid $35 for a grill.

My big NNL East haul! Yea, the Chevette, that's it! The show was busy this year and I didn't get much of a break, so I never looked at the vendors other than for show purposes. I spied this Chevette sitting high on top of a vendor display as I breezed by... it's the one I've been looking for, with the correct grill. Yea, I paid $35 for a grill.

Yep Tom that is the one I had as a kid...those diorama items are cool...wish the companies would put the accessories back in the kits like these.

Tom I have bought a whole kit for a part. I have wanted one also but ebay is way more then what you paid.

Been buying a few kits lately but two of the ones I've been chasing for awhile and finally got were these two.

Brought two of these ones factory sealed.

museum9999999_zpsf8f24394.jpg

And finally got this one I've been chasing for ages, it was factory sealed to but factory seals don't last long in my house. :)

museum99_zps0bee7f53.jpg

Been buying a few kits lately but two of the ones I've been chasing for awhile and finally got were these two.

Brought two of these ones factory sealed.

And finally got this one I've been chasing for ages, it was factory sealed to but factory seals don't last long in my house. :)

Hi Rob, I've always been interested in these old MPC Dodge Van kits. It's interesting that they faithfully issued an annual each and every year. And then they issued some customs what appears mid-year. That was the custom van era so I believe they did well with these kits.

It's interesting how well they recorded the annual changes too. One time I wanted to build a trailer that would have needed two Dodge van bodies to build. I pulled out my junk box and found that each and every body I had was different. Subtile details like roof ribbing were acurately changed each and every year! So I never built that trailer!

Bad story - many years ago a guy in one of my clubs brought in a big box of built custom Dodge vans that he bought at a garage sale. They all showed great imagination and the work was fairly well done, no doubt built by an older teen or adult back in that era. Well, this goob sat at the meeting and was pounding these apart for parts. Seems that he was interested in building limos and wanted the TVs and some other luxury parts that were in these vans. He was literally breaking apart the bodies so nothing was left at all. I was upset that all this history was being lost. Back then I just sat and watched, today I would have restrained the guy! And as all these stories end, he never built a single model. He didn't have any skill level to even try to achieve what he wanted. He eventually wandered away from the club.

I am attaching a link to my Fotki album of the Dodge van boxes.. Note that I did steal your "Truckin' USA" photo as it was better than the one I had. Do you know the year of issue?

http://public.fotki.com/ModelCitizen/model_cars/dodge_van_kits/

If anyone can add a box, or give a year to the boxes I show without years, I'd appreciate it!

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...