Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

@Nick- I could go to Steinhafels. My brother-in-law works there and I can use his employee discount. That's what I did for the recliner I bought. It's a $450 recliner I got a couple of years ago for $280 delivered and set-up by him. By "set-up" I mean it has heat, massage(upper and lower), and power recline. :D But anyway, I don't think I need something that nice just to display models in. Although, it would be nice...probably too nice. "Scratch and Dent" might work too. I'll have to go check it out.

shipment from hobby link japan came in, G Reddy Rocket Bunny Toyota 86 (et al), 1/18 scale Tamiya Subaru R-2 SS and some super wide slicks on 15" deep recess old skool wheels. unfortunately fujimi who makes the wheels no longer includes all the disc brake parts but the tires are nice soft and smooth.

anyone else notice how MASSIVE this rocket bunny Toyota box is? at least a third bigger than the 1/18 scale Tamiya box!

y48b.jpg

c533.jpg

oh yeah and a glue bomb-y but unpainted uncertain t missing a couple of parts, ebay find and not bad once I cleaned it up a bit...got the spare parts already and will just put them on and display as is:

kjns.jpg

IMG_0234-vi.jpg

I almost forgot that this one showed up in my broken mailbox! Got it for $15 on eBay, and I want to turn it into my sister-in-law's old car. Add lime green paint, black interior, NJ plates and some well placed stickers... I did buy the kit for this project for my own shelf, but once we got talking about her first car and she had such fond memories, I wanna give it to her... so the promo is probably best for a gift to a non-model person.

Mary got a brand new car
Mary got the one she was savin' for
Now everyone here is so charged
Mary never looked so good before
And we wanna go where she goes
We wanna listen to her radio

Can we ride? Mary can we ride?
Can we ride? Mary can we ride?

Edited by Tom Geiger

003-1.jpg

002-1.jpg

Some paint ,decal setting,and Cadillac`s. The 68 is incomplete,missing bumpers and glass,it will need pretty much everything from paint to tires,but got it cheap. The 64 is in nice condition,it needs an engine,little polish and some BMF to get to it`s former glory.

Monogram ac mack bulldog tank truck, ultra bright chrome BMF. Also ordered a zvezda 1/43 mack from cars. I like Mack trucks in case you didn't notice. The only model of a mack I've never purchased is the premier 1907 mack which I keep an eye out for. That's my holy grail.

Ben

I got my Aoshima Lambo Aventador from HLJ, and during shipping, the handlers weren't very kind to it !!!! :wacko::angry:

Sounds like a typical UPS/FedEx job, only way to ensure thst a box won't get crunched is to either not put a "Fragile" label on it, or put a LiPo battery fire warning label on it......

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...