Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Just ordered one of these, it looks like a reboxed Revell-Monogram, but looking on the 'net, it has the chrome trim molded into the body so you can do a vinyl roof job much easier, hopefully I shall have it by the end of the week,

post-2058-0-67577400-1391009504_thumb.jp

Edited by GeeBee

Just ordered one of these, it looks like a reboxed Revell-Monogram, but looking on the 'net, it has the chrome trim molded into the body so you can do a vinyl roof job much easier, hopefully I shall have it by the end of the week,

attachicon.gifDC68_01.jpg

hate to break the news, bu this kit has the same (non vinyl roof) body as the Revell-Monogram '68 issue (#4202)

http://www.revell.com/model-kits/cars/85-4202.html#.UulGB7Sympc

724357823_o_jpgnc45-vi.jpg

In my quest to own every Valiant in America... I grabbed this on eBay this week and it arrived yesterday. It's a Bandai tin toy and it has a very unusual paint scheme. At first it looks like the paint wore off but no, it was made this way. The car is in perfect condition. No scratches or dents like most of them. Even the chassis (which is usually all banged up) is perfect. It is crude, as it's Japanese tin from 1961, but that's part of the charm. I have another one in blue.

In my quest to own every Valiant in America... I grabbed this on eBay this week and it arrived yesterday. It's a Bandai tin toy and it has a very unusual paint scheme. At first it looks like the paint wore off but no, it was made this way. The car is in perfect condition. No scratches or dents like most of them. Even the chassis (which is usually all banged up) is perfect. It is crude, as it's Japanese tin from 1961, but that's part of the charm. I have another one in blue.

Very cool Tom.

Not for a proper model, but got some parts for my '92 Cherokee Scale R/C truck. Picked up a set of Axial's 1/10 scale fender flares, softer Axial springs for the front of the truck, and Traxxas rod ends in case I have to stretch it's wheelbase a bit. If I were to put comparable flares on my 1:1 '98 Cherokee, there would be sawzall work required on all 4 corners, including some considerable surgery on the rear quarters to reinforce the unibody.

20140130_183410_zpsexavkpe4.jpg

Tom is making a valiant effort to corner that market!

Funny story. A buddy-o-mine was here and we spent a day tunneling through my model vault. At one point he asked me how many Valiant models I had. I responded, "I dunno, maybe 50?" He just looked at me and said, "We've already found more than that and we haven't been upstairs yet!"

Funny story. A buddy-o-mine was here and we spent a day tunneling through my model vault. At one point he asked me how many Valiant models I had. I responded, "I dunno, maybe 50?" He just looked at me and said, "We've already found more than that and we haven't been upstairs yet!"

Similar story but instead of valiants it was with all the variations of the Tom Daniels bad news kits at a buddy of mine. I ask him why he had so many, it was the first model he'd every built and wanted as many as possible. :lol:

Tom, I owned a 61 Valiant that I inherited from a great aunt from 1969 to 1971 which was my first car. If you like, I would like to share stories of my ownership by email. The car had its quirks but no complaints as it was this city cowboy's first horse.

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...