Jump to content
Model Cars Magazine Forum
BDSchindler

Gravity Colors...anybody bought from them lately?

Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, lambrakos said:

 If I try splash and zero paints i will post them also.

Gravity Colours (Spain) and Zero colours use the Lechler paint system http://www.lechler.eu/en/, so technically there the same paint.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, peteski said:

I'm surprised that flammable materials (paint) was shipped via international airmail.  Post office makes a big deal about shipping flammable materials, even domestically.

The carrier was DHL. USPS was not involved at all. Don't know if that makes a difference. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/4/2018 at 3:33 PM, lambrakos said:

The carrier was DHL. USPS was not involved at all. Don't know if that makes a difference. 

The issue here is that flammable chemicals are usually forbidden on airplanes (for what I think are obvious reasons).  But maybe if the shipping company owns their own transport airplanes, they make their own rules.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, has this guy folded? Hope everyone got their money back. Websites up, now want to be called by phone. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2018-10-05 at 6:01 PM, peteski said:

The issue here is that flammable chemicals are usually forbidden on airplanes (for what I think are obvious reasons).  But maybe if the shipping company owns their own transport airplanes, they make their own rules.

I think the jet fuel is gonna go boom long before the 4 oz of paint in the box in the cargo hold. The restrictions are moronic. If they want to ban flammable items on an airplane why not take the alcohol off? Oh wait....they can't....people would lose their $%*# if they couldn't drink. It's just some dumb regulation that some paper pusher put into place to make the sheep feel safer. I''m thinking the 30000lbs of jet fuel is way more dangerous to air travel than paint or booze or hairspray could ever be. Limiting the amount that you can ship, sure I get that, but banning it completely? No, makes no sense to me.

Edited by Jhedir6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, chester said:

So, has this guy folded? Hope everyone got their money back. Websites up, now want to be called by phone. 

Last I heard is he's still shipping and still taking orders though I don't know how fast his service is anymore, and he just uploaded some new colours at the end of last week. I've not ordered anything in months and have been very reluctant to since he no longer communicates or if he does it's very slow. I love his paint. I just don't want to take the risk anymore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jhedir6 said:

I think the jet fuel is gonna go boom long before the 4 oz of paint in the box in the cargo hold. The restrictions are moronic. If they want to ban flammable items on an airplane why not take the alcohol off? Oh wait....they can't....people would lose their $%*# if they couldn't drink. It's just some dumb regulation that some paper pusher put into place to make the sheep feel safer. I''m thinking the 30000lbs of jet fuel is way more dangerous to air travel than paint or booze or hairspray could ever be. Limiting the amount that you can ship, sure I get that, but banning it completely? No, makes no sense to me.

Think about it: Maybe not so moronic?  Jet fuel is not very volatile and it is well contained within the fuel tank and fuel system of the airplane. The aircraft is designed to safely hold that flammable liquid. I think the worry is that a flammable material in the cargo or baggage hold of the aircraft might catch on fire, and do enough damage to take down the aircraft.  Same with the Lithium Ion batteries (which can catch on fire).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ordered on the 4th of this month. Nothing for the last 6 days so I put in a PayPal dispute and within 30 minutes [mostly reading this thread] BAM! Tracking and order fulfillment.

Sketchy to say the least.

First and last for me regardless of how good it is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎11‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 6:32 PM, Dragline said:

Ordered on the 4th of this month. Nothing for the last 6 days so I put in a PayPal dispute and within 30 minutes [mostly reading this thread] BAM! Tracking and order fulfillment.

Sketchy to say the least.

First and last for me regardless of how good it is.

I read all this info first and decided to give this a try. I ordered sept. 19 and waited till early November before calling the help line and e-mailing to find out what the problem was. got zero response. on nov. 12, I put in a complaint with paypal, and voilla!! 30 minutes later order was complete and paint tracking # was issued. received order today 11/15 and he included a free bottle of paint with 3 nice pipettes, and a coupon for another free bottle with my next order,which will never happen. Im going to try splash paint next time I need some as It looks like they have all the good colors and will mix colors for you if they don't stock them. Plus if I find I need gravity paint I will order it from Spain like everyone else is doing.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On November 15, 2018 at 6:12 PM, videocast said:

I read all this info first and decided to give this a try. I ordered sept. 19 and waited till early November before calling the help line and e-mailing to find out what the problem was. got zero response. on nov. 12, I put in a complaint with paypal, and voilla!! 30 minutes later order was complete and paint tracking # was issued. received order today 11/15 and he included a free bottle of paint with 3 nice pipettes, and a coupon for another free bottle with my next order,which will never happen. Im going to try splash paint next time I need some as It looks like they have all the good colors and will mix colors for you if they don't stock them. Plus if I find I need gravity paint I will order it from Spain like everyone else is doing.  

Yes and yes...Splash and Spain.

Me too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I placed my first order with Gravity Spain last week. It was shipped four hours after placing the order last Thursday and arrived all the way down here in NZ on Monday morning.

In my order was a box of Ferrari Rosso F1 and when I scan that box with my phone it takes me to the Gravity America website which I thought was odd with the apparent bad blood between them.

I presume its just old stock from back when the two were connected.

IMG_0435.jpeg

IMG_0434.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
Re: Gravity Colors, USA
I got an e-mail from the above stating that Gravity Europe has been spreading rumours, lies, and making customers do paypal disputes. Furthermore he quotes an unnamed ‘customer‘ that GE paint sprays poorly and is not smooth. My knowledge of Europe Gravity from a number of online friends is of good service and good paint. The same service cannot be said of USA Gravity
 
I would suppose that the poor business tactics of USA Gravity has finally hit home and caught up with him. BUT, Instead of changing his own poor behaviour, he attacks others.
I have no vested interest other than being a former customer who had to fight for his order to be fufilled.
Edited by Twokidsnosleep
Spelling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have just received quite a long winded email from Gravity USA too sticking needles in to his Spanish namesake.

I've ordered from both and found the Spanish paint better in that  a couple of the colors I'd received from Gravity USA were more like tinted thinners than paint.

With all the negativity you hear about getting orders fulfilled from Gravity USA I was thinking the time that was spent writing that email would have been better spent shipping orders. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Roncla said:

I have just received quite a long winded email from Gravity USA too sticking needles in to his Spanish namesake.

I've ordered from both and found the Spanish paint better in that  a couple of the colors I'd received from Gravity USA were more like tinted thinners than paint.

With all the negativity you hear about getting orders fulfilled from Gravity USA I was thinking the time that was spent writing that email would have been better spent shipping orders. 

Well said Ron. Sad he can't see how to change his ways

If everyone else seems like a problem to you, more often than not, YOU are the problem and need to change yourself

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I was going to copy and past the email, but every time I hit reply, it 404 me's, even plain text, not sure what is going on, but no 404 error when I posted this, really odd.

 

Edited by martinfan5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/3/2019 at 3:14 PM, martinfan5 said:

I was going to copy and past the email, but every time I hit reply, it 404 me's, even plain text, not sure what is going on, but no 404 error when I posted this, really odd.

 

 

ATTENTION! 
Gravity Colors Customers

 
 

Dear Customers of Gravity Colors USA and Gravity Colors Europe, please read the following important information below:

It came to our attention that Gravity Colors Europe owner Antonio Caballeras is spreading disinformation and telling lies about Gravity Colors USA business, using a fictional name as "Encarni Funes". He is trying to mislead our customers by telling them that Gravity Colors USA is a "fake" business and selling "fake" Gravity Colors paints "without the permission" of Gravity Colors Europe. He is also advising our customers to open claims with PayPal on recent Gravity Colors USA orders to get their money back and re-purchase their items on his website in Spain. 

This kind of disinformation and false accusations are unacceptable and totally unethical. Gravity Colors USA decided to address this issue by replying to these false accusations to let Gravity Colors customers know the truth and expose the lies and dishonest business tricks of Mr. Antonio Caballeras of Gravity Colors EU.

Gravity Colors was introduced to the public worldwide in 2015 as a joint European and American company selling scale model airbrush paints on the internet. Gravity Colors paints were unknown to the public before 2015. In 2015 two websites were launched, designed and hosted in the United States. The original official domain GravityColors.com was registered in the state of Florida, by Mate Mayer, who was also the graphic/web designer of both Gravity Colors US and EU websites. He is also the deisgner and copyright owner of the original Gravity Colors logo still as of today.

The Gravity Colors logo, original domain and design is a registered trademark and copyrighted material, owned by Gravity Colors USA and Mate Mayer in the state of Florida. This can be verified and looked up at USPTO (United States Patent and Trademark office) at www.uspto.gov. Anyone can do a basic trademark search on that website by looking up Gravity Colors name (serial number 876846770) 

https://www.uspto.gov/trademarks-application-process/search-trademark-database

WHOIS records of the original official GravityColros.com domain can be checked and verified here on https://whois.icann.org/en/lookup?name=gravitycolors.com

Gravity Colors company image and marketing was created by Mate Mayer at Gravity Colors USA in 2015. Without his work and dedication Gravity Colors paints and brand would not be known to the public. The ridiculous statment from Gravity Colors EU that Gravity Colors USA is just a "former distributor of the company" is far from reality. The truth is that Gravity Colors products and brand would not be known to the public in it's current form  if it was not up to Gravity Colors USA.and Mate Mayer.

Gravity Colors EU is using the original Gravity Colors logo on their  European website without our permission, commiting copyright infringement. 

Our customers need to know the truth and realize that they are being mislead and not told the truth. Gravity Colors USA broke up with Gravity Colors EU in September 2017 and stopped doing business with Gravity Colors EU, due to quality issues, and color accuracy of their paints sold in Europe which were not up to Gravity Colors USA standards. 

This break up of Gravity Colors company divided many Gravity Colors customers all over the world, who were mislead by disinformation that they are getting the same quality products on Gravity Colors EU's new website. Unfortunately many customers are under the impression that the same high quality premium paint products are also sold in Spain on Gravity Colors EU's new website. Unfortunately this is not the case. Paints being sold in the USA and in Europe are very different products. Color selection is also different.

The quality difference can be easily verified by comparing Gravity Colors USA and Gravity Colors EU paints products by doing a simple quick spray test. For those who are in doubt and disbelief, we highly reccommned performing a paint spray test to validate the information disclosed in this newsletter.

We have many Gravity Colors USA customer's testimony stating that Gravity Colors EU paints they purchased on Gravity Colors EU's website are definitely not the same quality products they have purchased on Gravity Colors USA website at www.GravityColors.com.

This is one of the testimony from our customers:

"...the paints that I got from the EU gravity turned out to be very coarse, even after sanding and polishing I couldn't get them to look smooth and was very disappointed. They didn't seem to match the reviews I read online about gravity paints. Because of the bad experience with using gravity EU’s paints I basically just gave up on gravity and wrote the products off. I ordered a whole bunch of paints from the EU site and the guy was very communicative at the time, but after receiving them and trying them I found they sprayed terribly. I contacted gravity EU about it a few times and never heard back any response and figured I got scammed..."

It's truly unfortunate that we have to send out a newsletter with this kind information, but our customers have the right to know the truth and realize that they are being misinformed by the current owner of Gravity Colors Europe. We have contacted Mr. Antonio Caballeras in Spain and asked him to stop with these accusations and gave him a 1 week notice to get back to us before we release this newsletter. We have not heard back from him, leaving us no other way to reply back to his accusations and defend the truth. 

You can read more about these issues at this FAQs page at https://www.gravitycolors.com/faqs/

Thank you for your time and attention!

Gravity Colors USA
www.GravityColors.com

 

 
 
Find Out More

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I received the same newsletter yesterday. One side of the story, I guess, although the newsletter itself sounds pretty credible to me. But I remember that around 2 years ago, Gravity Colors Europe approached their registered customers with a similar letter. So kind of hard to find out the truth, but honestly, I don't have to. I have more than enough colors on stock and there are alternative brands on the market. I won't take any chances finding out what I will or won't get from Gravity Colors anymore... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That newsletter doesn't explain why so many MCM people have had issues with long wait times for paint ordered from Gravity Paints USA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, that newsletter is extremely off putting and awkward, and just gives modelers more reasons to look for alternatives, i.e. Splash Paints and Zero, etc. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been using Tru-Color paints that I get from Arizona Hobbies at a pretty good price.  The Tru-Color paints go on nice and smooth.  I have no interest or connection(s) with Tru-color.  I just like their paint.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For those that have ordered from Gravity Colors in Spain, have you found the paint to be not the same as USA as per the letter?  I need some paint for a client job and Gravity Colors USA has I feel the best paint and color match that I have used.   The last time took 4 months to receive my order so I am not sure I want to take a chance again, to bad because I used to order from Matte and he was very good about my orders. I need some colors for a couple F1 cars and Splash doesn't have them and the US dealer for Zero is out of stock plus I've had some funny results with Zero.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ACR-E Doug said:

For those that have ordered from Gravity Colors in Spain, have you found the paint to be not the same as USA as per the letter?  I need some paint for a client job and Gravity Colors USA has I feel the best paint and color match that I have used.   The last time took 4 months to receive my order so I am not sure I want to take a chance again, to bad because I used to order from Matte and he was very good about my orders. I need some colors for a couple F1 cars and Splash doesn't have them and the US dealer for Zero is out of stock plus I've had some funny results with Zero.

We are working on some F1 colors for new release ;) shoot me an email.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sam thanks for getting back to me. I had a talk with Sam at the NNL West this year about the need for F1 colors and he explained to me the problem of getting the proper color mixes.  Don't know if I helped  influence him or not but glad to hear he seams to be listening to us modelers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On March 4, 2019 at 11:24 AM, ACR-E Doug said:

For those that have ordered from Gravity Colors in Spain, have you found the paint to be not the same as USA as per the letter?  I need some paint for a client job and Gravity Colors USA has I feel the best paint and color match that I have used.   The last time took 4 months to receive my order so I am not sure I want to take a chance again, to bad because I used to order from Matte and he was very good about my orders. I need some colors for a couple F1 cars and Splash doesn't have them and the US dealer for Zero is out of stock plus I've had some funny results with Zero.

I have a fair number of UK friends due to my affiliation with "ISM" website and Gravity Spain has been absolutely fine both in paint quality and service.

That is why I was surprised to read that e-mail and its accusing content.

Edited by Twokidsnosleep
spelling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...