Model Cars Magazine Forum

Wish Lists

I would like to see some Canadian exclusive cars made. Mercury Meteor, Pontiac Acadian for example. There are some that are pretty close with existing tooling and wouldn't be too difficult to rework some trim, add extra bits.

Even if someone like Detail master offered some conversion kits like they did with the Baeumont

We're decades overdue for an original Bronco; with about ten jillion possible variations, this would be a best-seller for Moebius and a logical follow-on to the Ford pickups. (Plus they used '66 Ford standard wheelcovers for many years, so if you wanted to downgrade an AMT kit from a 7-Litre to a regular Galaxie 500, there's another piece of the puzzle.)

Getting back to the topic of original tooling: Suppose Monogram had access to original stock and custom parts - not molds, but actual kit parts - for the '40 Ford pickup. Would it be easier today to use high-resolution scanning to copy them and make new molds, or is it more cost-effective to recreate them from scratch? I know about kits being back-dated to recreate old parts, but what's the preferred method?

I'd like to see Revell take their 69 Super Bee modified  to make a standard Super Bee. They could change the blower hood from the 2n1 version  to a flat hood and addd the dual scoops, a stock four barrel intake, and air cleaner. If they added a power bulge hood, dog dish steel wheels and a bench seat they would have three possible versions. With the steel wheels they even would have a more accurate Six Pack car. I plan on using Revell's 68 Charger for parts to make some of these, only needing  to makee hoods for each.

I'd like to see Revell take their 69 Super Bee modified  to make a standard Super Bee. They could change the blower hood from the 2n1 version  to a flat hood and addd the dual scoops, a stock four barrel intake, and air cleaner. If they added a power bulge hood, dog dish steel wheels and a bench seat they would have three possible versions. With the steel wheels they even would have a more accurate Six Pack car. I plan on using Revell's 68 Charger for parts to make some of these, only needing  to makee hoods for each.

I agree with you, plus I think that kit would be great to present as a resto mod.

Personally --and I'm not alone in this-- I'd like to see an all-new-tooling 1969 Super Bee . The Monogram original is long in the tooth , being over 30 years old . Then there's its inherent inaccuracies ( namely : disc brake master cylinder ; Road Wheels [ colloq. , "Magnum 500" ] ; and its Plymouth rear seat embellishment ) . Don't get me wrong , it's a nice kit for what it is . However , it's time for a new '69 'Bee .

I would like to see Revell reissue Monograms's Ghost of the Red Baron. I know it wasn't a big seller back in the day. I think it might sell better today.

And now to upset one or two people. I'd still like to see if Revell has the dies and can reissue the Renwall Exner/Revival series of cars. From what I've seen of them, they might not be the best, or most detailed kits ever designed. But, I still think they're cool. And would be willing the buy at least one of each if they came back out.

Edited by unclescott58

Oh. And I'd like see a restored version of the Visiable V8. Needs the electric motor and lighting spark plugs put back in. Also Revell's Slant 6 talked about in another recent thread here, would be cool be see come back. I was too young to buy it when it was last offered.

Another one I to young to buy, was the coffee can shaped space station kit, they first released back in 1959. I've written to Revell to inquire about the dies for this kit. And was told they are long gone. Not a car model. But, a model I'd like to see no less.

Edited by unclescott58

I've always hoped that Revell would produce a 1971 or 1972 Sklark GS or GSX variation of their excellent Monogram 1970 GSX tooling.  A 1971 GSX would be most logical.  Just need to tool up new front grille/bumper assembly, rear bumper, and taillights.  Just about everything else should carry over from the 1970.

Actually, seats might be a different upholstery pattern for 1971, not 100% sure.  Pretty sure dash/steering wheel/console could be used unchanged though.  Chassis/drivetrain no changes required.

I would like to see Revell reissue Monograms's Ghost of the Red Baron. I know it wasn't a big seller back in the day. I think it might sell better today.

And now to upset one or two people. I'd still like to see if Revell has the dies and can reissue the Renwall Exner/Revival series of cars. From what I've seen of them, they might not be the best, or most detailed kits ever designed. But, I still think they're cool. And would be willing the buy at least one of each if they came back out.

You're not the only one who'd like to see a Revival revival.  I got the Stutz many years ago, and I'd welcome a chance to get a hold of them at a non-ridiculous price.

Well, a 1971 Riviera is still my #1 wish. As a 3-N-1 kit with Stock, Pro-touring and Lowrider options...

Also a 1977-1990 Caprice, sedan and wagon.

Now, a few Pontiacs. Easy to create duplicating a few existing toolings : 1970-73 Firebird Formula, 1976 Trans-Am and Formula, 1970 GTO, 1979 Trans-Am 400ci. Plus the hard way, no pain no gain : 1977 Can-Am, 1970 Grand-Prix, 1975 Grandville, 1973 GTO.

What about Mopars ? 1966 Barracuda, 1971 Challenger, 1978 Magnum XE? 1990 Jeep Grand Wagoneer, 1984 Jeep XJ Cherokee, 1983 Plymouth Voyager (yes, seriously, a Voyager).

After 32 Fords and model A roadster&coupe I think we need model T 2n 1 kit (T bucket and tracknose roadster)

1948 Ford tudor sedan will be easy update.

1951 or 1954 or 1956 Mercury yes please

1957 or 1958 Pontiac with 57 Olds and 58 Ford

1964 Thunderbird

1967 or 1968 Cougar

1970's Jeep Wagoneer

I think we have enough VW beetles, Minis, Fiat 500s and Citroen 2cvs.

I really hope that Revell of Germany, Tamiya and Ebbro take their own paths and we'll get in the future

Citroen SM

BMW 1602 or 2002

MGA

Renault Dauphine

Opel Manta A

Even if someone like Detail master offered some conversion kits like they did with the Baeumont

I wouldn't mind if someone offered some Mercury detail kits for the earlier Ford F-1, and F-100'S to make some Canadian pickups

It would be nice to see the Craftsman line bring back a couple of their big hits too, the 1964 Chevelle Malibu is bringing ridiculous prices right now so there has to be some demand for it. It would also be nice if it was modified into a standard Malibu with a bench seat and no console instead of the SS version. While talking about kits that are bringing big money, have you tried buying any of the Pinto's lately, they're ALL out of sight, but the two sedans are ridiculous, the small bumper AMT Wonder Pony '71, and the big bumper MPC '74 both being almost impossible to get for the average builder.

Okay #1. What should be a no brainier for Revell. A '57 Nomad. I'm not a big fan of the '57 Chevy. I like them okay enough. But I like '56s and '55s better. And I have enough '57s in my collection. With one big exception. A nicely proportioned stock '57 Nomad.

2. Somebody needs to do a nice '70 Mercury Cyclone. Shouldn't be to hard for Revell. They have most of what they need in their very nice '70 Torino kit. (Another Mercury that needs to be done is a '67 Cougar.)

3. A stock '70 Charger R/T.

4. What should be another no brainier. A '57 Ford Ranchero.

5. A stock version. Molded in white of their Starsky and Hutch Torino. With a single 4 barrel carb set up. The carburation set up on this kit is my main reason for me not buying it. (And yes I know I could dig through my parts box and fix it myself. But why should I?) That and the colored plastic.

There are many, many more I could wish for. This list could go on forever. But, there you got my top 5.

i make a resin 70 cyclone!

Here's my 1/25 wish list......

1961 Starliner

1962 Galaxie

1961-66 F100

1964-65 Falcon

1965-66 Mustang fastback

1967-68 Cougar GT/GTE

1966-71 Ranchero

1966 Comet/Cyclone convertible

1968-69 Cyclone fastback w-nose and/or spoiler

1968-69 Torino/Fairlane hardtop/convertible

1969-70 Mustang convertible

1969 Mustang Boss 429

1970 Cougar/Eliminator

1970-71 Cyclone/Spoiler

1970-71 Maverick

i cast ggrabber mavericks & 70-71 cyclones in resin

'35 Buick Coupe

'47 Buick Roadmaster

'49 Cadillac Coupe Deville

'53 Buick Skylark

'56 Buick Special

'66 Pontiac Bonneville Hurst Wagon

'68-'69 Chevelle Wagon

'68-'69 Barracuda (modern tool with more detail)

'69 Buick Sport Wagon

'71-'72 Chevelle, Chevelle Wagon, El Camino

'72 Barracuda

You're not the only one who'd like to see a Revival revival.  I got the Stutz many years ago, and I'd welcome a chance to get a hold of them at a non-ridiculous price.

I've been told a couple of times by Revell people that, sadly, the Renwal Revival tooling no longer exists. I would love to get a set of these, guess I need to keep haunting the Bay....

Monogram does need to start up their Classic series again. We need:

L-29 Cord

Auburn Speedster

Pierce Arrow

Classic Studebaker

Stutz DV-32

For starters...