Model Cars Magazine Forum

revell 4Q2016 Release Annoucement

I'd like that too, but I can hear the cries if "another 57 Chevy, @#$%^&* !!!" from the anti 32 Ford, Tri Five Chevy and Camaro bunch. Meanwhile we have no 56 Bel Airs, 57 210's, non Nomad wagons, sedan deliverys, good 55 or 57 Nomads, 56 Convertibles  and on and on......

I've seen the 210 sedan at Wal-Mart as late as last Christmas, and our local hobby shop still has a few sitting on the shelves, shouldn't be to hard to find one.

You guys better not be playing with me! Dang! The Bronco has always made my "Kits you would like to see done" list!! Now, the Boat Tail Riviera needs to be done!! 

And yes, the Chopper is a must have!! 

775177275c46bb064be1a0a4371cd63b.jpg

cool !!! Now if they will release a few more of the 1/8 scale bikes and trikes I'll be super happy. I won't even gripe about paying good money for the Corvair Evil Iron trike I bought for the rear tires and wheels for a Big T build, now if I can just get enthusiastic about building it. If they re release that again I may have to build a pro street themed Deuce roadster kit with fenders, or maybe use the'85 'Vette kit, since I already planned on using its motor and suspension for a more modern '32. 

Very, very glad to see the Bronco finally announced by Revell.  

A couple of years ago I told you guys that Revell was working on some pretty cool projects but could not reveal details.......this was one of them.

I don't know anything more than the above, except to say that they put a great deal of effort into the research for the project.  

TIM 

Thanks Gary. I have the C1 Models Vette wide body. I am not crazy about the fender flairs. I may only use the hood front & rear spoilers and side skirts.

Almost looks like they have front and rear fascia planned but forgot them in the picture, or are planning a separate kit for them. ;-)

Thanks Gary. I have the C1 Models Vette wide body. I am not crazy about the fender flairs. I may only use the hood front & rear spoilers and side skirts.

Me too.  I was wondering if I could do the mods to carry it into a Z06, but getting ready to pack up the Hobby Room prior to selling and moving.  Maybe someone like C1 or Plamoz will take on the Z06.  Revell apparently is not currently interested.

I'm pleased to see that Bronco too!  And it's great to be surprised!  

I do have one of the Cheesecraft(?) copies that were done by Wendell back in the day. 

And what would one of my posts be without a story....

My high school had one of those Bronco pickups as their all around utility vehicle. It was that forest green with a white top, school name on the doors in white.  It had a plow in the winter.   My memory of it was that when we ran cross country practice, the janitor would drive the Bronco, the coach would sit in the bed looking backwards at all of us idiots running behind the truck.  Man we hated that Bronco!   So of course I will need to build it once this kit lands!

I know its too early to speculate, but I wonder if Bronco will have fenderwell cutouts and flares, otherwise, those of us without the skill to make them will be limited on tires.  Either way, I will be buying at least one!

If I ever get brave enough, I'd sure like to turn that into a four door though! :P

Even though it's not something I'd buy, I'm surprised no resin caster has offered a four-door yet.  When that kit first appeared as a diecast, I thought someone might do the conversion.  When it appeared in plastic, I was certain someone would do it.  With the Jo-Han '79 in all likelihood gone for good, it's surprising nobody has stepped up and done this one.

From what I can see, there's already a lot to like about this upcoming Bronco if it ends up being produced as this pre-production pic shows. I wondered if it'd have off-road and/or street tires. (Here's a suggestion, Revell; offer both in the first release).  Those off-road tires look great!  And a roll bar; that's an unexpected surprise. 

Course, I'd like to see 5 tires and wheels included in this kit too, so we can build it with an exposed spare hanging on the back!

Edited by '70 Grande

I'm quite sure he means the Bel Air sedan. That one's pretty plentiful still, and no-----there's not been a standard 210 sedan done yet. The Black Widow is about as close as you'll get for now.

I bet he meant 150 Sedan, since you could build the Black Widow without the NASCAR parts as a base 150 as well.