Model Cars Magazine Forum

My Pathetic 2017 Class.

StevenGuthmiller

Well Steve, I can hardly find the words to express how impressed I am by that build of yours. Beautiful Pontiac Bonneville '63, and in both of those photos the model looks like the real car, which is what I am striving for all the time. I totally agree with all the comments of other members on here, you have achieved such high quality with that one build, so don't worry about how many...... this ONE is exceptional.

David Watson. England

Sweet Pontiac.  Well built and finished.  Don't feel bad about your build output.  This year I finished a 1929 Ford woody wagon in August that I started in October 2016 and I am about to finish a 1965 Pontiac Grand Prix that I started in August 2017 that was supposed to be a "quick build".

Edited by carrucha

Thanks so much everyone!

The responses to this model & the fact that I should be able to get a little more bench time during the holidays will hopefully kick my current project into the next gear.

1 hour ago, Smitty said:

Your black paint job is a knockout!

Thank you Eric!

Black is hands down my least favorite color to work with, but it does show well on nearly any car.

Here are a couple of outdoor shots that high lite the paint a little better.

Steve

2v29NZEFnxwUbWP.jpg2v29NZEjNxwUbWP.jpg