Model Cars Magazine Forum

Anyone ever see one of these before in the early AMT Trophy kits ?

This was include in a purchase I made of some original AMT 32 Ford boxes, decals and instructions. It is approximately 4 X 6 1/2

Anyone ever see this type of card in any of the other early Trophy kits such as the 25 T, 32 roadsters , 40 Fords or early annual kits.

In all my searches on that auction sight for AMT 32  and 40 Fords kits,decals  or parts , none of these ever showed up in any pictures or descriptions of what was up for auction, not even in the background.

5a579a9c8e141_AMT32Fordboxes001.JPG.28bc4aa9c22fcfab969cb802712684a6.JPG

img075.jpg.e27bfdcf2f4b9d7a08b64515538ec6d6.jpg

img072.jpg.9da27d25ea435b08c4e9c5032be2f950.jpg

There are more pics of the boxes and contents on page 772 on the "What Did You Get Today" thread.

Edited by VW93
removed 2 pictures

Thanks, nice to see that card.  I don't remember ever seeing one, and my friends and I went thru a lot of Trophy kits when I was a kid. 

I have an original AMT '32 Ford Sport Roadster and '40 Ford Sedan in the stash right now.  Neither kit has a card like that.  Recently sold an original '40 Coupe and it didn't, either.

1 hour ago, #1 model citizen said:

I have this one. Its all I have left of this kit from when I was a kid!

Thanks for posting that scan and to  everyone else that commented.

Two scans out of the possible six that were most likely in the early Trophy kits

Hopefully there are others that have the missing ones that could be scanned and posted here.

It sure is interesting to see what was included as extras in the early kits.

Muncie, thanks for posting your scan of the 32 Roadster.

3 down, 3 to go.

Hopefully someone has the cards for the 32 roadster the "Deuce" and the 40 Fords  that can be scanned and added here.

Edited by VW93
changed content

On January 11, 2018 at 9:23 PM, #1 model citizen said:

Scan0004.jpg

Scan0005.jpg

The artwork for this one at least still exists.. I have one that is exactly like this out of a recent issue of the Model T.. Do not ask which one as I pulled it out & diplayed it on my shelf.. 

On 1/11/2018 at 9:23 PM, #1 model citizen said:

Scan0004.jpg

Scan0005.jpg

I believe that "when I was a kid"thing is a relative term and needs to be explained. When I was a kid it was the 1940's and there were no plastic model car kits. When were YOU a kid ?

18 minutes ago, misterNNL said:

I bought every one of those kits in the original releases and never saw a card like that in any of them.

I wonder why? I recall the '32 roadster card, too. My dad built that kit around the same time frame. I'm pretty sure about the years. We moved around quite a bit when I was young & I know we were living in Maryland at the time. The built model was even in my class photo. I was absolutely nuts about models at the time & spent all my allowance on them. I also know I never bought more than 1 of any kit - couldn't afford it!  :D I always fretted as to which version of the 3n1 to build! :unsure::D

Edited by #1 model citizen

I have a "Directory of model car kit" book published by Bill Coulter and Bob Shelton that is updated every year. It lists every known kit,it's year,kit number,etc.The very first release of the '32 Ford sport roadster trophy series 3-in-1 kit # 132 was in 1959.The '32 five window coupe # 232 was in 1960. The first release of the 1925 Ford was in the double kit # 200-125 and that was also in 1960.

4 hours ago, misterNNL said:

I have a "Directory of model car kit" book published by Bill Coulter and Bob Shelton that is updated every year. It lists every known kit,it's year,kit number,etc.The very first release of the '32 Ford sport roadster trophy series 3-in-1 kit # 132 was in 1959.The '32 five window coupe # 232 was in 1960. The first release of the 1925 Ford was in the double kit # 200-125 and that was also in 1960.

I wonder if that book is still available?

Yes it is. contact Bob Shelton,PMB 140,3116 West Montgomery rd # C,Mainville,Ohio,45039

or at    thedirctory@cinci.rr.com

If you've ever been to the Ohio NNL in October and noticed a fellow wearing a little beanie hat with a plastic propeller on top....that would be Bob Shelton.

8 hours ago, misterNNL said:

Yes it is. contact Bob Shelton,PMB 140,3116 West Montgomery rd # C,Mainville,Ohio,45039

or at    thedirctory@cinci.rr.com

If you've ever been to the Ohio NNL in October and noticed a fellow wearing a little beanie hat with a plastic propeller on top....that would be Bob Shelton.

Always good to talk to Bob at the show. Great guy. 

I THINK THESE WERE IN THE DEALER BOXES THAT WERE AMT KITS, BUT DIDN'T HAVE AMT ON THE BOX. A SPECIAL PROMOTION, FORD ANNIVERSARY- 50TH?, WORLD'S FAIR? OR FROM THE FORD CARAVAN  OR TURNPIKE DISPLAYS?? HOPE SOMEONE HERE KNOWS. ABOUT 1973 0R 74, I HAD A 32 FORD VICTORIA KIT,MOLDED IN BLACK IN THE SMALL BOX FROM THE FOR DEALER. IT WAS AN AMT BUT DID NOT SAY IT ON THE BOX. WE AS KIDS (14 YEARS OLD) RECOGNIZED IT AS AMT BY THE INSTRUCTION SHEET. MAYBE MARK B WOULD KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

10 hours ago, paul alflen said:

I THINK THESE WERE IN THE DEALER BOXES THAT WERE AMT KITS, BUT DIDN'T HAVE AMT ON THE BOX.

My card came in in the original artwork box and I'm sure I acquired it in the early '60s. (1960 -'62). I never had a kit in a box like that.

Edited by #1 model citizen

My Original 1960 Release of the Double T had this Card in it . I've since acquired another . The Double Dragster had a Pocket Sized NHRA Rule Book in it . This I lack due to loss . The '68 Mustang Cobra first release (1968) had a little 33 1/3  Record of Carrol Shelby running a Cobra through the Course at (?) Seibring .. That l also have lost through time ..  The Model B and V/8 Coupe Cards my friends had in the day .  Thanx .. 

Edited by dimaxion