Model Cars Magazine Forum

1957 Dodge D500 Custom Royal

Michael Kröger

WOW!!! 

It would be amazing if done from a full kit, but as a reunion of parts, and a Hendrix body, it's nothing short of a work of art. 

I have a Hendrix body of a '57 Fairlane 500, and it's BAD. Warped roof, thin spots on the engine bay you can see trough (there is an actual hole on the radiator), and extra thick on the rockers, so thick the AMT chassis is 5mm "too wide" to fit. Not to mention the pin holes, and texture over the entire body. 

When I decide to build a Fairlane 500, It will be easier to just modify the AMT polystyrene body. 

Absolutely dazzling. You nailed it!

I remember those dual antennae...both of them functioned. Depending on the radio station location and the direction you were traveling, the signal (and volume) would vary if the car changed direction, such as in a curvy road.

What a beautiful model, of a beautiful full size motor car. I agree with Eric in that it must be the best looking American car of the 1950's.

I like the tinted glass and the whole colour scheme actually. Nice build Michael and you must be proud of this one.

David

You nailed it... It looks excellent in every way. Paint job is very smooth and your BMF work looks flawless. Really nice details everywhere finish it off. It's nice to see something like this built, we don't see these done too often...