Model Cars Magazine Forum

Weird cars Post em here.

NYLIBUD

22 hours ago, Russell C said:

I remember it years ago, I still have difficulties wrapping my arms around the concept of a Buick with a flying bridge  .....

Electrabridge.jpg.c26721678f5638118c489d300701475d.jpg

I've often heard Buicks (and to be honest, a few other makes as well) referred to as "Land Yachts," but this is the first time I've actually SEEN one! :blink::lol:

Oh man,those are some cRaZy Camaros.I do remember seeing lifted cars all over the place back in the day..The craziest cars too.Pintos,Vegas,Camaro,station wagons,etc...Your first pic of the red Camaro reminds me of the old Monogram High Roller kit.

IMG_4014.JPG

5 hours ago, NYLIBUD said:

Oh man,those are some cRaZy Camaros.I do remember seeing lifted cars all over the place back in the day..The craziest cars too.Pintos,Vegas,Camaro,station wagons,etc...Your first pic of the red Camaro reminds me of the old Monogram High Roller kit.

IMG_4014.JPG

But at least No Real Camaros Were Harmed In The Making Of This Kit:lol:

So this is somewhat local to me. 

What I find especially odd is that this is based on a Ram 1500 SLT. And they didn't really do anything to dress it up. Despite all the work, it still has the base 17" factory alloys, the base grille without chrome inserts, unpainted black tow mirrors, unpainted door handles. I find in odd that they didn't change up the grille and add goofy chrome wheels.

limo3.jpg limo5.jpg

limo1.jpg limo2.jpg

limo4.jpg

Besides the color being an acquired taste, I think that the base wheels and tires my not be safe with the additional weight not to mention when a bunch of passengers are added. Lots of luck making a right turn on a two lane street.  That looks long enough that it should be articulated in the center like the English Bendy Busses in London. 

1 hour ago, espo said:

Besides the color being an acquired taste, I think that the base wheels and tires my not be safe with the additional weight not to mention when a bunch of passengers are added. Lots of luck making a right turn on a two lane street.  That looks long enough that it should be articulated in the center like the English Bendy Busses in London. 

I wouldn't want to drive that backbirth. But driving it would be infinitely preferable to trying to find someplace to park it. :blink:

3 hours ago, espo said:

Exactly! This thing is built on a half ton chassis. Which means those wheels are half ton rated. And I'd be willing to bet the conversion exceeds the GVWR for that rating for that truck.

50 minutes ago, NYLIBUD said:

Ok those are some freaky cars.I kinda like the chrome one.It almost looks like what a Mustang might look like in the future.

What IS that thing? (I see the Ford emblem on it.) Is there a kit or diecast available of it? I want one! :blink:

2 minutes ago, Snake45 said:

What IS that thing? (I see the Ford emblem on it.) Is there a kit or diecast available of it? I want one! :blink:

That was a Ford concept from about 15 years ago...there was a Hot Wheels of it IIRC.. kind of a modern Shelby Daytona coupe idea.

Edited by Rob Hall

6 minutes ago, Snake45 said:

3 minutes ago, Rob Hall said:

That was a Ford concept from about 15 years ago...there was a Hot Wheels of it IIRC.. kind of a modern Shelby Daytona coupe idea.

Yes on both accounts. It is a Ford Concept for a modern Daytona Coupe supercar.  There are 1/18 scale Diecast but they are not 20 bucks for sure.  Last I seen them at a show it was north of 100 bucks and online they are all over the map but starting around 60 when I last looked. 

I remember that Ford Shelby concept car from back when I was replacing the desktop wallpaper on my computer several times a week. Always with a new snazy car photo from supercars.net. Now I have had the same desktop wallpaper since 2011....
I like both the vw bus and the "dentside-bronco", looks a bit like fullsize rc cars.
What about the truck they drive around in in the latest episode of dirt every day, a backwards old Chevy farmtruck:

3 hours ago, Bucky said:

Chrome, anyone?

sifalibitkiler-sifalicay_132710687627.jp

Or, do you prefer gold?

weirdcars-10.jpg

I have seen some off the TV programs on Velocity TV where they have painted cars with this chrome paint. I wonder how that holds up in the snow.  The Gold Camaro could be done the same way. What I have seen in the last few years are the places that do the tinted windows are now also doing full body wraps and can make a car or truck any color you like. One of the owners is driving around in a late model Ford F-150, a lifted 4x4 in a real pretty Candy Blue. Most business's now use a wrap to put their signage on their work trucks and vans. When they sell the truck they just peal off the wrap and it looks like a plain old white truck or van.