Model Cars Magazine Forum

Weird cars Post em here.

NYLIBUD

20 minutes ago, NYLIBUD said:

I've never heard of,or saw this car before....

Me, neither. Last night I was Googleing images for other custom cars and ran across a yellow one-off Vette with a body colored Rolls Royce grille, but I don't remember where I found it, and when I put "Rolls Royce Corvette" into the search window a short time ago, I couldn't find that one, and turned up these instead.

30 minutes ago, NYLIBUD said:

I've never heard of,or saw this car before,and I'm glad,cause it is one heck of a gaudy,and ugly car.Looks like another pimp mobile.Wonder what they are worth.Blaaaaaa?????

The straight lines and sharp angles of the hood and roof seriously clash with the swoopy curved fenders and doors. Yuck!

That would be really hard to get in and out of with or without a hat. A little story on Dan Blocker. In the mid 1960's I worked at a Union 76 station in Blur Jay Ca. This is right next to Lake Arrowhead in the San Bernardino National Forest. Many Hollywood types would show up to get gas or something done to their cars just like anybody else. In '65 Chevrolet gave Dan a Chevelle 396 SS to drive since they also sponsored the Pondarosa TV series. So Dan pulls up to the pumps to get gas. He opens the door and leans out and supports himself with his left hand on the ground and his right arm comes out and he grabs the roof. Then he slowly climbs out of the car and stands up. He was a very large man to say the least. We were all laughing and Dan's comment was that while he liked the car he said it was more like he wore it than drove it. Besides being one of the nicest guy you could ever meet he had a great sense of humor.   

1 hour ago, espo said:

That would be really hard to get in and out of with or without a hat. A little story on Dan Blocker. In the mid 1960's I worked at a Union 76 station in Blur Jay Ca. This is right next to Lake Arrowhead in the San Bernardino National Forest. Many Hollywood types would show up to get gas or something done to their cars just like anybody else. In '65 Chevrolet gave Dan a Chevelle 396 SS to drive since they also sponsored the Pondarosa TV series. So Dan pulls up to the pumps to get gas. He opens the door and leans out and supports himself with his left hand on the ground and his right arm comes out and he grabs the roof. Then he slowly climbs out of the car and stands up. He was a very large man to say the least. We were all laughing and Dan's comment was that while he liked the car he said it was more like he wore it than drove it. Besides being one of the nicest guy you could ever meet he had a great sense of humor.   

I love it!! I hafta do that with the Jaguar XJ-S convertible, but I wouldn't have that problem in a Chevelle!! Of course...I'm nowhere near as large as Hoss!!

1 hour ago, espo said:

Great story, thanks for sharing it! B)

When I heard that Penn Gillette, who's 6'6" (and the one time I was close to him, was way over 300 pounds, maybe over 400--he has lost a lot of weight since those days, but at that point was the largest human being I'd ever personally seen) drove a Mini, I had wonder, "How is he NOT the spokesman for Mini and doing EVERY Mini commercial?:wacko:

1 hour ago, NYLIBUD said:

The more I look at the blood covered Jeep,the more I think it was vandalism.:oMaybe the guy cheated on his girl friend,or something.:lol:

Yeah, it looks like it could have just rolled out of a Carrie Underwood song! :blink:

On ‎10‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 10:07 AM, NYLIBUD said:

The more I look at the blood covered Jeep,the more I think it was vandalism.:oMaybe the guy cheated on his girl friend,or something.:lol:

In that case that might not be an arm on the hood. With the "wash off paint" that the sell in parts stores now that could just be a Halloween thing.