Model Cars Magazine Forum

Weird cars Post em here.

NYLIBUD

I think I'm gonna throw up.?What in GODs name is this type of horrible customization called?Donks on acid??And those are Crown Vics,which just happens to be one of the best cars to come out of Detroit:(??.RIP Vicky.And no offense meant to those who like that look...

IMG_7697.JPG

IMG_7698.JPG

IMG_7699.JPG

Edited by NYLIBUD

On 3/6/2019 at 12:59 AM, NYLIBUD said:

The Ferrari Modula Pininfarina Coupe.Hope I said that right...Wild looking car.I think it won at Pebble Beach a few years back.And I think it's a 1970.Ive never seen one.

IMG_7396.JPG

IMG_7397.JPG

IMG_7398.JPG

IMG_7399.JPG

On 3/6/2019 at 12:59 PM, espo said:

I don't think they sold well. Note the wheel well openings. Don't know which one is weirder the front or the rears. 

I'd say they sold exactly one. 

After all, it was a 1-off design study , never meant to be in production at all.

Built on a Ferrari 512 race car chassis with it's 500+HP  flat 12 engine, it's supposed to be good for 220 mph.  That would be a scary ride. :blink:

Not so weird, just obscure:  the Leach car.  Later models were powered by a Harry Miller-designed 6-cylinder SOHC engine.  Hemming's Classic Cars mentioned it this month, with a photo of a Leach and its owner, early cowboy star Tom Mix.

The Leach was built in Los Angeles and very popular among Hollywood stars, since it was rare and expensive. Here's Gloria Swanson posing with her Leach close-coupled coupe (maybe on Sunset Blvd.? :P)  Check out the details like the scallops around the side and rear windows and the chrome luggage racks.

http://theoldmotor.com/?p=70254

Leach.jpg

4 hours ago, espo said:

The first one looks like it might even have a 4x4 chassis under it. The second one shows all the signs of willful abuse.   

Yea the offroad Vic is cool.The second one looks like it escaped from a junk yard.I found this 4x4 Crown Vic too.Now that is cool.Wonder if it's used for south of the border patrol.Lol.I have a black,very clean,low miles 09 Crown Vic interceptor.Its Gotta be the fastest car I've ever driven.Especially after I threw a set of Flowmasters on it.The Ford Crown Vic has got to be one of the best cars ever built.Roomy,comfortable,and very fast.But some of them don't last.??

IMG_7705.JPG

IMG_7706.JPG

IMG_7346.JPG

IMG_7347.JPG

IMG_7349.JPG

IMG_7350.JPG