Model Cars Magazine Forum

Weird cars Post em here.

NYLIBUD

4 minutes ago, NYLIBUD said:

You have to be a little insane to put any kind of cheap gaudy looking wrap on a $200+ thousand dollar car.?Don't you think?:P

It's just to get attention...people that buy those cars and put wraps on them aren't car enthusiasts... I like how that guy decorated his Ford Ka to fit in w/ the gold Lambo and G-wagen. 

2 hours ago, NYLIBUD said:

You have to be a little insane to put any kind of cheap gaudy looking wrap on a $200+ thousand dollar car.?Don't you think?:P

Conversely...the wrap does protect the paint. Drive the wrapped car for a couple of years, peel the wrap, perfect scratch-free paint underneath.

And really, why not have a little fun with it. 

I kind of dig some of the camo. The winter camo on the Gallardo with ski box looks good to me. And he drives it in the winter. I'd totally do that.

15 hours ago, iamsuperdan said:

Conversely...the wrap does protect the paint. Drive the wrapped car for a couple of years, peel the wrap, perfect scratch-free paint underneath.

And really, why not have a little fun with it. 

I kind of dig some of the camo. The winter camo on the Gallardo with ski box looks good to me. And he drives it in the winter. I'd totally do that.

Yes,but the wrap has to be tastefully done.And yes your right,I do agree with you about the "snow"Lamborghini.It looks pretty wild,and I have also seen guys race these cars in the snow,and it's pretty wild stuff.

IMG_5775.JPG

Edited by NYLIBUD

The last few years I have noticed that a lot of commercial vehicles have all of their company information and advertising done with a wrap instead of paint . Besides protecting the body paint it would make their trucks much more saleable when decommissioned for resale.  For the last ten years we have had all of our cars front sheet metal and headlights covered in a clear wrap and they all look almost as good as new after 100k miles. The last one we didn't do was our '98 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP. The nose of the car was so pitted from "road rash" that we almost had to paint it to sell it. KDOT and local municipalities use so much grit on the roads during the winter months that it gets to be like driving in a sand storm when the snow melts and this just destroys the paint finish on the leading edge of a car or truck.  

Edited by espo

15 minutes ago, NYLIBUD said:

Man oh man,that thing is scary looking.I wonder where this picture was taken.Looks like some sort of Mad Max kind of world.Look at the back ground.Hmmm...weird.

http://www.wastelandweekend.com/

Post-apocalyptice themed festival in the middle of the desert. :)

Check the galleries on the link above, or google "wasteland weekend."

Some interesting sights, interesting vehicles, and some of the young ladies' clothing is...ummm...intriguing. Shall we say.

1 hour ago, NYLIBUD said:

Man oh man,that thing is scary looking.I wonder where this picture was taken.Looks like some sort of Mad Max kind of world.Look at the back ground.Hmmm...weird.

BURNING MAN FESTIVAL.  I've seen the giant VW Bus "Walter" in Jerome, that was there.  Black Rock Desert turns into a town of 40,000 pot heads, sex addicts, and wealthy artists.  That's where Andy Green broke the speed record and sound barrier, which still stands.

21 minutes ago, 89AKurt said:

BURNING MAN FESTIVAL.  I've seen the giant VW Bus "Walter" in Jerome, that was there.  Black Rock Desert turns into a town of 40,000 pot heads, sex addicts, and wealthy artists.  That's where Andy Green broke the speed record and sound barrier, which still stands.

Cool

• 2 months later...
On 11/26/2018 at 2:04 PM, NYLIBUD said:

I like the bandaid made from cardboard.A long time ago,I had a buddy get into an accident.The passenger side was badly dented.So We spray painted a big bandaid,and wrote "OUCH" on the door.People were laughing everywhere we went.

You weren't alone with that idea - you just brought back a 50-some-year-old childhood memory of being out in the country with my dad and seeing a black-over-silver '64 Bonneville on chrome reverses, with a badly-battered driver's side quarter and OUCH spraypainted across it.