Model Cars Magazine Forum

Weird cars Post em here.

NYLIBUD

10 minutes ago, NYLIBUD said:

Yea I really don't have the words either.

IMG_3868.JPG

Actually, that one's kind of interesting, if someone can explain to me how a human body (and the seat it's sitting on) and the front wheel and tire can occupy the same space at the same time. 

And if it's mid-engine, what's the (mini) hood scoop for? 

The second two transits are actually the same van too. When the mk3 transit was released ford swapped the front to the new shape, and put a v6 cosworth engine out of a granada in it. I got to sit in the first version (second pic) when I was a kid, and i still have the matchbox toy of it I was given that day, though its pretty bashed now

On Wed Jul 25 2018 at 11:51 PM, NYLIBUD said:

It's not a weird car,but it's incredible.:D

IMG_3740.JPG

Yeah,  that car's  local to me. See him a couple times a year at shows. The trunk lid opens at an angle to the side instead of the conventional way. Pretty high dollar car, but very nicely done.

Jeff

23 hours ago, Snake45 said:

Actually, that one's kind of interesting, if someone can explain to me how a human body (and the seat it's sitting on) and the front wheel and tire can occupy the same space at the same time. 

And if it's mid-engine, what's the (mini) hood scoop for? 

That's easy,  Center Steer!

blog_hipo2.jpg

On 7/1/2018 at 10:21 AM, iamsuperdan said:

THey've done many Harlequin editions over the years, but the Mk3 Golf is the only one that came to North America. :)

Not really weird, but they used to sponsor a lot of big name European tours, and back in the 90s they did special editions for each tour. Pink Floyd, Bon Jovi, Rolling Stones. I think there were others too. Special trim, special interior fabrics.

rs1.JPG

rs2.jpg

rs3.jpg

bj1.jpg

Bon-jovi.jpg

pf1 - Copy.jpg

pf2.jpg

I have to ask, why? I can't imagine any of the band members driving one, or any of their fans not being too embarrassed to be seen in one.

VW must've sponsored a tour back then.

4 minutes ago, Oldcarfan27 said:

I have to ask, why? I can't imagine any of the band members driving one, or any of their fans not being too embarrassed to be seen in one.

VW must've sponsored a tour back then.

Exactly that! VW sponsored several big name tours back in the 90s. And each big tour got a special edition car. 

Some of those big tours and big festivals need that corporate sponsorship money! Touring is expensive, so why not?

Monster Energy do a lot of tour sponsorship now. I saw Anthrax here a couple of months ago, and their tour bus is covered in Monster logos, their stage backdrops have Monster logos, andthey appeared to have a roadie whose sole purpose was to put Monster ENergy drinks on stage, with the labels facing the crowd. He actually adjusted the cans after the band members drank from them. 

On 7/30/2018 at 4:30 PM, Classicgas said:

The blue one above has a flathead 6.

image.jpeg

Not at all surprising as the Hudson was very famous for it's "Twin H Power" six.  That and a lightweight chassis is what the "Fabulous Hudson Hornet" was all about!