Model Cars Magazine Forum

AGHHHH!Dont drop the airbrush!!!!

One of those days,just droped my neo airbrush to the concrete floor,nozzel destroyed....Check

Body of air brush bent................................Check

now a useless scrap of metal............................Check

Tempting to go to HL  for a new one,was a great ab untill it hit the floor

Should i stick to the neo or up grade

Budget is about 100

My question is this.  Is there something that it didn't do that you wanted it to do?  If not, then buy it again, or perhaps you just want to try something different.  I have 4 different airbrushes(2 Tamiyas, a badger and a Iwata) that I use for different things.  Each has a purpose.  

I got great results with it and an up date i was able to get it back together and working.When i dropped it the .5 mm nozzle was in it so that was destroyed,the problem was the other end where the needle goes in.The body was bent right on the threads but i took a file and removed the damaged threads and got it back together,ill have to buy a new nozzle so i dont feel as bad.If it had been assembled the outcome may have been different.

However,this has me s thinkin about getting another ab of the trigger style to add to my insanity/arsenal:wacko:

2 hours ago, Richard Bartrop said:

The Azteks are even worse.  I dropped one, and it shattered.

That hasn't happened to my Aztek (yet).  I'm fumble-fingered and dropped one on the basement concrete floor several times.  Finally set up the compressor etc. so it can't get to the floor. 

I recently did something really stupid with an Aztek.  Loaded the cup, pressed the trigger and paint shot all over me and everything else. Turned the air blue, screaming and asking what was wrong.  Know how the opposite side of the paint cup has a little black plug, so you can mount the cup on the left or right side?  I had forgotten to put that plug back in. Duh...

I have a Paasche VLS - 27 years.   Dropped too many times to remember.   Worst of it has ever been is bent needle and/or split aircap.  I try to keep an extra of those parts on hand at all times for such.   And when the needle gets too worn or damamged to use in airbrush, makes a nice general purpose tool for the workbench.  Just saying they are tough except for those two parts.  

I have 4 airbrushed. Mainly because I just don't get rid of them. Still have my original Badger 350. Great for beginning and I really durable but I have broken the air cap a few times. 

Next are two Badger 150s. Loved that one so much I bought a second one 15+ years ago. My original is so old it was sold by Sears and says Sears on the side. I could not tell you how many times I have dropped them and bent the tips or needles. I have used them both so much that I had rebuilt them many times. Worn triggers, air valves, you name it. I still use them on occasion.

My newest one is a Grex with the trigger grip. I love it and it will spray very fine. Had it for about two years now and bought the combo with the compressor. That thing is trick. I am tempted to buy one more Grex and use it only for clearcoat. 

I had a Badger Airbrush compressor and it lasted just over 20 years with me before the piston broke. I bought it used!

2 hours ago, 935k3 said:

Don't hesitate, I just got one. its great. You might want to get the handle grip for it. The one made for Iwata which fits is on Amazon Custom Grip

a  good video review is here Mr Hobby PS-290

I highly recommend this AB. It works great and is considerably cheaper than some of the other similarly styled ones. I got the grip too. Makes handling it easier.

7 hours ago, 935k3 said:

Don't hesitate, I just got one. its great. You might want to get the handle grip for it. The one made for Iwata which fits is on Amazon Custom Grip

a  good video review is here Mr Hobby PS-290

I might have to try that grip.

The lack of it is probably the only complaint that I might have about this air brush!

Steve