Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell '69 Boss 302 Mustang

Sadly after waiting 49 years it will probably not happen unless the kits have already been molded.  Just a hunch but I would not hold my breath on seeing them this year.  Maybe next year for $35 retail.

3 minutes ago, vamach1 said:

Sadly after waiting 49 years it will probably not happen unless the kits have already been molded.  Just a hunch but I would not hold my breath on seeing them this year.  Maybe next year for $35 retail.

That’s a shame I was looking forward to that kit

1 hour ago, PlymouthFan said:

So I heard this year Revell was supposed to kit a 69 boss 302 but I’ve heard after the buy out that the kit releases this year have changed anybody know if this kits gonna come out or not?

The kit was just going to be a corrected nose and 302 engine for their existing 69 Mustang kit. The tooling work appears to be done because they've got a built example in the first quarter announcement. It will certainly be delayed but I don't see a reason it wouldn't ever come out.

image.png.842836b5d34b85d6f5929036c54103e6.png.59318f328e41fd7fc4592409f54e2411.png

1 hour ago, charger74 said:

On cybermodeler.com, they list it as a june 2018 release, and their list for future releases was updated un may 1st

https://www.cybermodeler.com/special/kits/kit_auto_subj.shtml

It's been "June" ever since the Hobbico Bankruptcy and most of the kits were delayed. 

Also the 302 is getting an entirely new body, otherwise you'd be obliterating the ability to reissue it in it's current form (which considering the nose...).

• 4 months later...

I personally would be just fine with a little filler panel for the fender scoops - weren't the scoops themselves separate? - but it appears Revell might have gone ahead and filled those in.  A simple flip to the '70 body shell won't quite work because it's 1/24 and visibly larger than the '69.

Maybe not 100%, but what's on the flyer looks VASTLY improved in the front end.  Looking forward to it...

43 minutes ago, Chuck Kourouklis said:

I personally would be just fine with a little filler panel for the fender scoops - weren't the scoops themselves separate? - but it appears Revell might have gone ahead and filled those in.  A simple flip to the '70 body shell won't quite work because it's 1/24 and visibly larger than the '69.

Maybe not 100%, but what's on the flyer looks VASTLY improved in the front end.  Looking forward to it...

I wonder if this is similar to the Rat Roaster, where it's technically all-new, but shares design and pattern work with previous sibling kits? I think that would be for the best, but I recall someone mentioned Ed Sexton stating the front end was corrected, so that could still go either way-- all new body with a correct nose, or the Mach1 body with just the nose area corrected. I guess we will see in a few months.

3 hours ago, rickcaps55 said:

Ok guys go to Modelroundup and it's in the pre-order list I ordered my 2 today. it's listed for Dec delivery same go's for the new 68 chevelle I ordered 2 of them also same thing Dec.

$23.90 which does not seem like a bad price.  Hopefully our local supplier will get them by Christmas.

As has been mentioned on other threads on this subject, the front end is new, and based on the built-up test shot I saw nearly a year ago, looks much, much better.  I did not have time to study it closely, so this was my first impression only.   Like many of you, I'm anxious to get my hands on one and check it out more closely...TIM 

11 minutes ago, vamach1 said:

Great job Raoul.  I got started on the Boss but never got beyond the body mods and paint stage.

Can you identify the grabber blue one?

IMG_2953.JPG

IMG_2954.JPG

The blue car in these pics seems to be the Revell '69 Shelby, which is a fairly nice kit. 

8 minutes ago, vamach1 said:

There is some subtle changes to make it into one of the two Quarterhorse prototypes.

Yah, after I posted I noticed the sealed-up NACA ducts and remembered reading about one of these cars in one of the vintage musclecar rags not too long ago. 

• 2 months later...