Model Cars Magazine Forum

60 Impala

Sport Suburban

We can never see too many '60 Impalas, especially when they are done this well. Black is not the easiest color to get right, but looks like you nailed this one. Overall a very nicely done X-Frame Chevy. Now this just made me want to start one of my kits of this same car...

14 hours ago, Sport Suburban said:

Thanks everyone! This is a really nice kit and for the most part builds well. The chassis doesn’t seem to fit well into the body and I think the rockers need to cover the sides better. Now to build the 59 Impala but what color? HMMM.

That's a malady that seems to afflict Monogram's '59 as well. :huh:

What I ended up doing on my '59 is I grinded down the chassis sides a bit so that once the chassis was in, it wasn't hanging so much below the rockers.

photo1-vi.jpg
photo-vi.jpg
photo1-vi.jpg

15 minutes ago, MrObsessive said:

That's a malady that seems to afflict Monogram's '59 as well. :huh:

What I ended up doing on my '59 is I grinded down the chassis sides a bit so that once the chassis was in, it wasn't hanging so much below the rockers.

photo1-vi.jpg
photo-vi.jpg
photo1-vi.jpg

Thanks for the tip. I'll  probably do that to the 59 as well. It's not as noticeable on this 60 because of the black paint.