Model Cars Magazine Forum

Boy, is this guy going to take a bath soon!

How do you know "he's" a man?

The seller (and many buyers) may not be aware this kit is going to be reissued at this point, too. Folks here have the ability to be more aware of what's coming down the pipeline if they wish to be, but the general model buying public, not so much.

There might be things about an original issue kit which is more desirable to a buyer than a reissue, so even if a reissue is available for $30, it may not matter to a buyer seeking an original kit. Not everyone buys a kit to build it.

Let's see some proof that this is getting re-issued, to back up the reason for this post.  I learned about a model stash that could be bought, the guy had a list, I went through it and saw this kit and thought "huh, never heard of that, what is it going for?"  I was shocked, but that was 'asking' price.

Here's another Brat kit for $275.00.  Famous Last Words in the listing: "This one is pretty hard to find and as far as I know, has never been reissued."

The same seller has a 1/20 Lindberg "Jurassic Park" Ford Explorer for $95 and an AMT/ERTL '92 Camaro for $64.95.

But there's an Italeri Ferrari 250 GTO kit for $41.00 + $9.95 shipping. And a Revell Cadillac Eldorado Brougham kit for the same price. Both of those kits seem harder to find these days than the Explorer or Camaro.

The seller's listings also have some built kits but mostly general junk like dolls and games.  Looks like this seller probably lucked into an estate sale full of models.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/AMT-Matchbox-Subaru-Brat-Model-kit-sealed-NEW-original-Pick-Up-Truck-VERY-NICE/183686478627?hash=item2ac4913b23:g:tdcAAOSwqfpZ2png

On 2/19/2019 at 12:09 PM, Casey said:

Why haven't you gone through the effort yourself to find that info?

Because I don't care to get one?  Doesn't take much more time, if one knows, and had saved a link, to copy/paste as a courtesy.  Rumor or fact?

7 hours ago, 89AKurt said:

Because I don't care to get one?  Doesn't take much more time, if one knows, and had saved a link, to copy/paste as a courtesy.  Rumor or fact?

There is info regarding this reissue already posted on the forum. The fact that you have not made any effort to spend your time looking for it, while twice expecting others to provide that "proof" for you, speaks volumes to your sense of entitlement.

Back to the topic at hand, I wouldn't be so quick to judge what original issue kits are being sold for, or what people are asking for them. Until we see the exact contents of the reissue,  it's impossible to say what might have changed, or how that might affect demand for an original versus a reissue. While I think $199.99 is a bit steep, someone else may be perfectly happy paying that asking price.

20 hours ago, Greg Wann said:

This is a rare kit, I do like it.  It would be a investment for me.  I'm sure if it were resin, it would be a desirable subject.  I would like one of these mint Myers Manx Tow'd  kits too.

myers manx Tow'd kit box.jpg

A friend had a 1:1 from 1977-mid 1980s. I would buy a resin version (or a reissue) and build it like Jon's. We "Tow'd" it from Sacramento to Phoenix and back in summer 1978 with a 440-powered '70 Town and Country. Boy, we burned a lot of gas. :o

24 minutes ago, martinfan5 said:

For those that dont want believe the Brat is getting resissued

From this Round2 display last month , no reason why this kit would be in the display if there were no plans for it to be reissued

9CiYEe8.jpg

Thank you for taking the time to post this (unlike someone else who seems to love lashing out at people).  I've searched for other subjects before, and if one did not put in proper tags, it doesn't work.

5 hours ago, martinfan5 said:

From this Round2 display last month , no reason why this kit would be in the display if there were no plans for it to be reissued

9CiYEe8.jpg

Thank You for the pic, now everyone can see it for themselves. 

However, the box art looks like it may be different this time, so I guess the original will remain a rare, valuable, historic $200 gold bar!

Just not for me.

Up until now I never considered the Brat a subject I would be interested in, now I'm thinking I'll have to get one. I see they are going to offer the old AMT Nova SS and '55 Chevrolet. While many have po po'd these two in the past for inaccuracies but I have always liked them and wonder what all may have been done to enhance them or if they are just a straight reissue. I'm sure they are going to offer their newer line of tires and decals. The Police van has a lot of possibilities and the Prowler might be fun also.  

23 hours ago, espo said:

Up until now I never considered the Brat a subject I would be interested in, now I'm thinking I'll have to get one. I see they are going to offer the old AMT Nova SS and '55 Chevrolet. While many have po po'd these two in the past for inaccuracies but I have always liked them and wonder what all may have been done to enhance them or if they are just a straight reissue. I'm sure they are going to offer their newer line of tires and decals. The Police van has a lot of possibilities and the Prowler might be fun also.  

Everything in that case photo with the exception of the Brat and the Titan (March reissue) have already been released. Some several months ago, but this was taken in Europe at a trade show, so it's showing off kits that haven't necessarily been distributed wildly there. 

1 hour ago, niteowl7710 said:

Everything in that case photo with the exception of the Brat and the Titan (March reissue) have already been released. Some several months ago, but this was taken in Europe at a trade show, so it's showing off kits that haven't necessarily been distributed wildly there. 

Thanks for the info. I'll have to look around for the Brat model locally. 

On 2/22/2019 at 4:30 PM, 89AKurt said:

Thank you for taking the time to post this (unlike someone else who seems to love lashing out at people).  I've searched for other subjects before, and if one did not put in proper tags, it doesn't work.

You are so right on searching the site for a particular subject and even thou there are threads on that certain subject your search does not always get you there!!!