Model Cars Magazine Forum

Welp, today has not gone as expected.........

I had been feeling off for the past few days and the symptoms  seemed to line up with side effects of a new medication I've been on for the last month. Called the Dr's office on lunch and advised a nurse of the issue, and she recommended going to the ER soon, went back to work, talked with my boss and went to the local ER.   Since these issues were heart related, I was admitted to the ER and everything has checked out all right other than one thing. Now I'm spending the night, if not the next two un the hospital.......

5 hours ago, cobraman said:

All is well ???

So far, but I really don't trust the medication that was new to me a month ago and suspect may have caused it. My release was delayed due to a systems crash, but I stopped by the office and grabbed the 34oz Bubba Keg full of now skunky tea I left there thinking I would be back in a couple hours, grabbed food for myself and the Parents and went home. Mom, being bed bound and not being able to easily leave the house, hadn't seen me since I went to bed on Sunday night (she was asleep when I left for work Monday morning, so she was happy to see me. Since I'm trying to get some exercise in again, I've been reviving my R/C stuff to use for some of it. I met up with another former employee of the HTU I worked at last Friday and did some bashing and to hang out, since we hadn't talked face to face in nearly  year and this may become a Friday night thing.  Got my Stampede and 4-Tec 2.0 ready to bash, found a spare Revo stub axle from when I built the stretched, hearse bodied Wheely King monster truck several years ago so I can patch my E-Revo back together for now.

I'm so glad things worked out. Meds can create bad side effects. But of course you can't tell how someone will react until they've tried it. Hopefully your doctor puts you on a different med.

Edited by ewetwo
spelling

41 minutes ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

Glad to hear you sounding like you're feeling better, Joe. :D

Thanks Bill, I amB)

24 minutes ago, bobthehobbyguy said:

Glad to hear you are out of hospital. It is a bit unnerving when the medications you take can cause such problems. Sometimes the side effects can be a lot worse than whatever you are taking the meds for.

May your recovery continue to go well. 

17 minutes ago, ewetwo said:

I so glad things worked out. Meds can create bad side effects. But of course you can't tell how someone will react until they've tried it. Hopefully your doctor puts you on a different med.

Thanks, Mom had been taking the medication in question until she went to the Mayo Clinic in 2012 or 2013 and they put her on something else, may see if Dad can remember what it is/was and ask when I go in for that follow up next week. I've very hesitant to continue taking what's left from the original prescription or getting the refill I ordered but have yet been unable to pick up. Besides what I went into the hospital for, another side effect is lack of energy, when combined with shortness of breath that was aggrevated by this med and a heartburn like sensation and tightness in the chest, kinda works against me trying to get back into exercising as I had planned after getting that ingrown toenail removed.

Edited by Joe Handley

Joe,

Personally I would not continue to take that drug. I had a situation 30 years ago where I had an allergic reaction to a drug. Dr said once you've had a bad reaction it is entirely possible to have a worse reaction if one continues to take it.

Take care of yourself. 

• 2 weeks later...

Had a Dr appointment last night, she went over what the findings of all my tests were with me, she repeated what I saw where everything looked ok for my size and excessive weight.  I did express my concern about the blood pressure med I had started taking and she decided my blood pressure isn't bad enough to warrant that med, but advised I keep up on the exercising and diet changes then talk to my normal Dr in 3 months. 

I'm lucky compared to 2 guys on the RCCrawler site I also posted this on, one has to have back surgery and the other thought he had a small stroke but the MRI instead showed a mass in his right front brain lobe:o Liluckily the Doctors he's talking to think it's operatable and  and will be back to normal after they're done, he just needs approval to get the work done at Rush in Chicago first.