Model Cars Magazine Forum

Tamiya Wolf WR-1

Jim N

I bought this one a number of years ago and it sat in the closet.  Finally started it about 6 months ago.  It's built box stock.  The body is painted Tamiya Dark Blue and the remainder is painted per the instructions.  I did not trust the decals due to age, so I bought a set from Studio 27.  I did not mess with the tires.  I will scuff them and remove the mold ring, but they are so old, I was not sure they would handle the abuse.  I colored the Goodyear lettering on the back tires with a gel pen and the fronts are decals.

Anyway, it was a fun kit to build, but it shows its age in a number of places.  Thanks for looking.

IMG 0646

IMG 0649IMG 0648IMG 0652

IMG 0658

Looks fantastic. I didn’t know this existed. I really want one now. I didn’t have a full on Scalextric set as a teenager, but I had this car. We won races in half a dozen households against all comers, because the Wolf stuck to the track like glue, whilst the the Martini Brabham fell over, and the Tyrell struggled to accelerate out of corners. For most tracks my friends built, you could pin the Wolf and take all the corners flat...

beat,

M.