Model Cars Magazine Forum

'55 F-100 Styleside

Just finished this one up.It's a bash with the panel van. It supplied the chassis that's modified, floor pan/bed floor and bed sides. The pickup supplied the engine, cab, interior and inner bed sides. I didn't do a lot of details as I wanted it to be a fairly simple build. It's just a shelf model anyhow. The interior and engine are painted with Tamiya Dull Red. The body is painted with Dupli Color Desert Sand Mica. Foose wheels and Pegasus disc brakes finish it off. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. It's a long way from my original vision of it I had fifteen years ago.

48847152167_9a69275dfe_b.jpg

48846592953_6184bd2bc3_b.jpg

48846590033_7e68905fc3_b.jpg

48847140207_d9aee24a42_b.jpg

48846943306_179c98f791_b.jpg

48847134377_2dc1c04ef1_b.jpg

Thanx for checking it out! Any questions, just ask. 

What a smooth and clean rendition of the early 50s Fords, the overall look is well balanced with the front fender overhang in front of the wheel being balanced by the rear portion of the fenders on the bed. The execution of the body mods is perfect in delivering the smoothness of the build. Especially like the altered front grill with the color contrast. The modern wheels and updated engine fit well into the overall look.

Great job Roger! Much more than just a shelf model.

Cheers Misha

• 3 weeks later...

I really love what you did making the stylized bed out of the panel body. It’s modern looking and fits in nicely with the contemporary look while still in keeping with the F100 styling. Not easy to accomplish both at the same time!

I also dig the old school 5.0 Mustang fuel injection as I’ve had several of those cars over the years. 

?