Model Cars Magazine Forum
Repstock

Started a new master...

On 10/19/2019 at 6:50 PM, BaBaBooey said:

Dont let it drop below 50.

Very cool and something different.

That was my first thought seeing this! 

Further progress. I lit the pictures this way to highlight the detail, it's hard to photograph white. I have put the curve in the sides as you can see by the door pics. Progress continues...

DSCN0653.JPG

DSCN0655.JPG

DSCN0656.JPG

On 11/6/2019 at 6:49 PM, misterNNL said:

The November meeting for the Buckeye Scala Auto Club will be tomorrow night at the Hobby land store in the Northland Plaza. Meting starts at 7:00 pm. I think they would be interested in seeing the bus prototype you have built.

Sorry but that's Graceland not Northland Tom.

10 minutes ago, 59 Impala said:

10 minutes ago, 59 Impala said:

Yes of course you are correct. Incidentally the owner announced at our last meeting that after 68 years in that location he will be re-locating the shop to a new location in the Clintonville neighborhood next spring. He will have more room and his lease will more reasonable.I mentioned the bus project to the members and they would like to see at some point when you are available.

I've gotten a little further. Soon the roof will be attached. I have a job coming in a few days (3 interiors) I will need to make masters for, so this may get shoved aside for awhile. Thanks for the interest.

DSCN0659.JPG

DSCN0661.JPG

DSCN0662.JPG

This is fantastic work . How much do you think you will be selling resin bodys for?

I always fancied the Greyhound bus with the roof windows

Holy smokes, I'm gonna need to buy one when you're done!
I actually have a copy of original exterior blueprints for the 5301 prototype...unfortunately, has a few styling modifications from the production coach, so probably not of much use for you...

Edited by etmccaus

Geez.  I have a hard time gluing a box together and getting it square.  Layers and stacks and corners and windows.

Cool watching a build like this, though, because we can see how it all goes together.

Doesn't mean we can replicate it, but we can see how it's done.

Excellent work Tom!  Thanks!

Looks great! I can almost smell the diesel from the SEPTA Bus that used to go by the house I grew up in on Green Lane in Philly...