Model Cars Magazine Forum

Lil' Coffin

Guy Beaudette

Never liked anything about this car except maybe the wheels, but that said, your craftsmanship is outstanding and this is the best build of this kit I've ever seen. Nice matching display, too. 

As some have said, this is the best build of the kit I have seen, the kit leaves a lot to be desired but you showed what can be done with a lot of fabrication & patience. Great job on the car.

On 3/12/2020 at 12:44 PM, JJER said:

Great work Guy. Glad to  see that you  are still at it. All the best/ Jim Rudy formerly of MA and Masscar, now in western NC.

JJER,

Hi Jim! Still around huh? North Carolina is a great place to live!

Yeah, still at it.

Take care bud!

Guy

Wow, that is beautiful!

I always loved that car.

Went to the Starbird Museum a couple years ago to see it's recreation and several other historic customs. It's quite a thrill to see in person one of a kind cars that you've only seen in magazines and/or built models of. I'd recommend the trip!

Fantastic job, thanks Guy!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
On 3/20/2020 at 3:36 PM, Chitown said:

Wow, that is beautiful!

I always loved that car.

Went to the Starbird Museum a couple years ago to see it's recreation and several other historic customs. It's quite a thrill to see in person one of a kind cars that you've only seen in magazines and/or built models of. I'd recommend the trip!

Fantastic job, thanks Guy!

My favourite show car kit, brilliant work on this model.
The recreation does not have quite as big a rake on the roof in my opinion, am I correct? To be honest it looks a bit chunky compared to the original car, but is it just the roof?

• 2 weeks later...