Model Cars Magazine Forum

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Discussions

We've had multiple Coronavirus topics spring up. Many of them are turning political.

As you should all know by now, political discussions are prohibited. There are better places to discuss those topics, they don't have anything to do with model cars, and they get contentious with no real resolution even possible. 

At this point, we are prohibiting any further discussion of the Coronavirus epidemic and locking any topics relating to them. However, please do post about event cancellations that relate to the model car community. Likewise, I'm leaving open topics that relate to the effects. Please do not turn them political. Any discussion about whether this epidemic should be considered serious, or about the government's response will be deemed political. At the very least, your post will be hidden, and you may garner yourself further sanctions if you persist. 

I appreciate everyone's cooperation. If you have any questions, please contact me, or one of the other moderators. 

Sorry to hear that Vince - I hope that you get through it quickly and safely. But why leave the forum?  Self-quarantine is a perfect excuse to spend more time on the computer, participating on online forums.

Any idea how you got infected?

Vince,

I live in Federal Way and any experiences you choose to post are most welcome to me.

I'm an optimist by nature. If you've already had symptoms you'll be added to the recovered list soon. Best list IMHO. Your immune system is your primary weapon.  Find out what ammo it needs.

I wish prayer to you all scale modeler  you see in Québec ( Canada ) we are Forced to stay for at least 3 week maybe more so i am not sick , i dont want to have it , so I'm on this more often than before. Sorry for my bad writing in English my birth speaking and writing is French-Canadian i try my best.

If you can stay home at least 3 week it drop the amount of people who will contract that BLAH_BLAH_BLAH_BLAH VIRUS.

7 hours ago, Greg Myers said:

This seems like a head in the sand response to a serious situation that ultimately effects us all.

I come here to escape the barrage of COVID-19 news coming at me from every direction, so I'm already I'm painfully aware of this serious situation you mentioned.  I'm here to talk about scale models. I WANT TO PUT MY HEAD IN THE SAND OF THIS FORUM.  SERENITY NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

1 hour ago, peteski said:

I come here to escape the barrage of COVID-19 news coming at me from every direction, so I'm already I'm painfully aware of this serious situation you mentioned.  I'm here to talk about scale models. I WANT TO PUT MY HEAD IN THE SAND OF THIS FORUM.  SERENITY NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Hear hear, well spoken Bruce! B):lol:

Edited by Snake45

12 hours ago, Greg Myers said:

This seems like a head in the sand response to a serious situation that ultimately effects us all.

At this point, I think even those who were originally skeptical understand that we're in the middle of a serious pandemic. There are plenty of other places to get COVID-19 information that will be orders of magnitude better than anything we could publish here. 

Our purpose is to provide respite, support, and friendship. We're going to stick to that mission. 

14 hours ago, peteski said:

Exactly. This thing has hit home for me, my right carotid artery is 75%+ blocked and my surgery was just cancelled, I need a bit of escape.

20 minutes ago, Greg Myers said:

Failing to realize this is a forum. You have the ability to chose the threads and post you read, look at and respond to.

The COVID19 virus effects us all and some just might want to know how others here cope with this situation. 

This is a model car forum. There are limits on what subject matter is suitable for discussion. The virus is a subject that can easily turned political. And there are many who intentionally or unintentionary will cross that line.

There are no shortage of places to discuss the virus. This forum is not one of them.

4 hours ago, Greg Myers said:

Failing to realize this is a forum. You have the ability to chose the threads and post you read, look at and respond to.

The COVID19 virus effects us all and some just might want to know how others here cope with this situation. 

Absolutely, but just seeing the title in the list of threads (not even opening it) evokes a negative response in me (and others).  Yes Greg, just seeing that  dreaded name is enough for me!  I COME HERE TO ESCAPE MY DAILY PROBLEMS.  I guess you just don't get it and, want to discuss this ad-nauesum.  Thanks for your helpful hints, but no thanks.

IF I WANT TO KNOW HOW OTHERS COPE WITH THE PROBLEM, I WILL NOT TRY TO GET THIS INFO FROM A MODELING FORUM.  KAPISH?