Model Cars Magazine Forum

Review a Movie!

Snake45

Finally saw Talladega Nights. Luckily Netflix gives you the option to watch at 1.5X speed. Still a silly and stupid movie. I only laughed once--at something one of the snotball kids said. 

OTOH, at the moment I'm about halfway through Horrible Bosses. I don't remember if I saw it before or not, but it's hilarious. 

On 7/31/2021 at 10:42 AM, BlackSheep214 said:

If you have Netflix, check out Gunpowder Milkshake. Very entertaining. LOLed at the Boneheads' laughing gas scene. 

On 7/31/2021 at 11:07 PM, cobraman said:

Based on your review I just finished watching it. It was entertaining as you said. Wife and I enjoyed it.

Based on both of you, I watched it too. Pretty entertaining! I can sum it up in five words: Kill Bill meets John Wick. With maybe some Coen bothers thrown in.  Snakeworthy! B):D

Wife and I went to the movies today. We saw Don't Breathe 2. We liked the first one so we thought this one was worth seeing. I liked this one better. More bad guys and what I would call a bit of a twist. Don't want to add to that in case some of you may want to see. Not for everyone I suppose but wife and I enjoyed it.

Just watched "Cold Skin" on Amazon Prime. It's from 2018 and its a Horror/Sci-Fi flick. I was just searching for something to watch and put this on. A rather strange movie that I know would not appeal to everyone. I almost turned it off in the beginning but it did interest me as to where it was going. It's about a man who is going out to man a lighthouse at the ends of the earth. He is to replace a man already there. That man is gone but there is a castaway there. As it turns out there are creatures that come out at night and attack the lighthouse. The castaway has one that he keeps sort of as a pet. As I said rather strange.It was an 1 hour and 50 minutes I will never get back but, I have seen worse.

58 minutes ago, MrMiles said:

That movie was so good. If anyone hasn't seen it, its top notch

I saw it and don't remember much about it, except that it was pretty good. I'll watch it again if I find it on one of the streaming services I have. 

On 8/2/2021 at 11:34 AM, cobraman said:

Did anyone mention the Eddie and the Cruisers movies ? There was 2. Mostly about a band trying to make it. I thought the movies were OK but I really enjoyed the songs.

Loved the music in the first movie - got the “album” on my Apple Music...

On 8/9/2021 at 7:09 PM, NYLIBUD said:

I caught Saving Private Ryan yesterday.Great movie.Of course the very best war film imo,is Full Metal Jacket.4005D7D6-4ED2-4437-A3A5-707433E1AE07.jpeg.c173588060c18a9c734632adcfa88caf.jpeg

63630F8B-A3A2-4853-B13E-B6EFBB761575.jpeg

Yeah, saving private Ryan is a good one. If you like war movies or military history, add “We Were Soldiers” and “Glory” to your list.  I recently got to see the relatively new movie “The Last Full Measure”, another sobering story from the Vietnam era, along with the aforementioned “We Were Soldiers”.....

Saw the new movie Reminiscence today on HBOMax, starring Huge Akman. VERY good old-school noir, even though it's near-future sci-fi. It put me in mind of such films as Chinatown and Blade Runner. If you don't have HBOMax, it's in theaters today and if you're going to go out and pay to see a movie, this is a good one! Recommended. 

Yesterday I re-watched Inception. Very confusing movie; this time I understood a little more than I did the first time, but there's no denying that it's all first-rate cinematography, stunts, and CGI. A real thrill ride. 

On 7/31/2021 at 7:00 PM, cobraman said:

Wife wanted to get out and go see another movie. She wanted to see Stillwater. So..... Anyway , I did not know it at the time but is based a lot on the real story of Amanda Knox. A fathers daughter is in a prison in France for a crime she either did or didn't do. ( I won't say ) The story is just only about a father trying his best to get his daughter released from prison . He doesn't get a lot of legal help but finds a local woman who decides to help him. I will stop there as to not give much away if someone plans to see it. My wife liked it more than I did. For me it was pretty boring. Too long at 2 hours and 20 min. I think it was. I can't recommend it but we all like different things.

Ray, I was wonder about that movie, thanks for you opinion and info.

57 minutes ago, Snake45 said:

Saw the new movie Reminiscence today on HBOMax, starring Huge Akman. VERY good old-school noir, even though it's near-future sci-fi. It put me in mind of such films as Chinatown and Blade Runner. If you don't have HBOMax, it's in theaters today and if you're going to go out and pay to see a movie, this is a good one! Recommended. 

Yesterday I re-watched Inception. Very confusing movie; this time I understood a little more than I did the first time, but there's no denying that it's all first-rate cinematography, stunts, and CGI. A real thrill ride. 

I have HBO Max so I will have to check it out.

Just watched a new flick on Netflix . Called Sweet Girl .  About a wife, daughter and husband ( played by the Aquaman guy ) . Anyway the wife gets cancer and the drug company that has a generic drug that could help her is suspended . Wife dies , man gets angry and wants revenge . Fair amount of action . Close to the end there is a twist that neither my wife or I saw coming . We liked it . We were bored before we watched it so just that it was watchable was good . 

Went to see another movie today . This time wife wanted to see Fun Guy . Stars Ryan Reynolds . It’s billed as a comedy . So Ryan goes about his business day to day ( think Groundhog Day ) . At one point he obtains a pair of special sunglasses . When he puts them on he sees stuff he could not see without them . Think the old movie They Live . In this case what he sees seems to amount to a video game but he does not know it . The special effects are pretty good but IMO not very funny . Actually we thought it was kind of lame . There are a few laughs along the way but few and far between . If you like video games or just want to see a movie that gets you away from the news you may like it more than I did . 

18 hours ago, cobraman said:

Just watched a new flick on Netflix . Called Sweet Girl .  About a wife, daughter and husband ( played by the Aquaman guy ) . Anyway the wife gets cancer and the drug company that has a generic drug that could help her is suspended . Wife dies , man gets angry and wants revenge . Fair amount of action . Close to the end there is a twist that neither my wife or I saw coming . We liked it . We were bored before we watched it so just that it was watchable was good . 

Watched it today on your sayso. Not the worst movie I've ever seen (or even lately), but far from the best. Kind of a PC-ized Death Wish or Rambo. You're right about the twist at the end. I didn't see it coming, either. That was definitely the most interesting thing about the movie! 

Tonight I finished watching the 10-hour series "Valley Of Tears" on HBO-MAX.  An Israeli series about the 1973 Yom Kippur War in the Golan Heights.

According to news stories, it's the most expensive feature ever made in Israel.  That's understandable, just from the tank battles and other vehicles.  Centurion tanks duking it out with T-62's, M-38 Jeeps, "Nun-Nun" trucks etc.  As a military vehicle fan, the only goof I saw was that the T-62s were actually the modified Israeli "Tiran" version.  Not a big deal. Even the APC's were the correct, older M113A1 with the internal fuel tank.

The story is interesting and follows a diverse bunch of characters: a nerdy Intelligence corporal, a female staff officer, and a tank commander who makes Oddball in "Kelly's Heroes" look downright normal.  

Not sure if it's been mentioned but yesterday I popped the DVD of Hacksaw Ridge in the machine. Saw it at the theater when it came out . I liked it so I got the DVD. My wife who does not care for war movies liked it and that is saying something. It is based on a true story. It tells about PFC Desmond Doss. He won the Congressional Medal of Honor. He refused to carry a weapon at all. Other soldiers were not happy with him but he managed to save 75 men in the Battle of Okinawa without ever firing a shot. For us it was a very incredible and moving story. I can recommend highly.

I really like the movie t34. Its a Russian language movie that was dubbed in English. Its quite cheesey and the english dubbing is over acted, but the story is amazing. its not a true story but a fun story.

I dont want to give too much away but its about ww2 and tankers against  german commander

Its on Amazon prime for free or at least it was recently 

Edited by MrMiles