Model Cars Magazine Forum

The 21' Cannonball Ruse build thread

disconovaman

Well, it looks like I will not have my entry done. The new Fairlane wagon body I bought to replace the one that I ruined needs about 10 times more cleanup than the first body. I suspect that the mold is at the end of it's life as there is excess everything everywhere. It will be finished eventually, just not in time.  

Think i will make it.. even though I made a new wing from theJGTC  Supra wing sides that I made to look more like a TRD wing and adjusted the profile to a wide GT2 Porsche wing blade. 
have painted the trim and lights. Need to assemble them and the mirrors than I am at the home stretch.

33029FA3-FE0A-48A7-A7F6-F9AF83086B24.thumb.jpeg.29824e193fccac8d317732e6acaec285.jpeg
80CF7A1C-2CD3-4D29-A8AF-23E32E1C6358.thumb.jpeg.396660523e846f3e18715e4e9de76a96.jpeg

901A255E-A9AE-4858-963D-4E3CA545866B.thumb.jpeg.1317376bd26ac004d364a2a22cded036.jpeg

I'd like to take a moment to remind everyone about the Finished builds thread. Feel free to post your entries.

We have a great  group of Finished builds so far here is the list of Finished racers.

Thank you, Guys!

🏁#2. Oldmopars - Thunderbird Nascar disguised as a 60 Impala. Done

🏁#3. avidinha - Honda Accord.Done

🏁#5. Pete 75 - 81 Audi Quatro WRC.Done

🏁 # 11. 89AKurt - Subaru Impreza WRC.Done

🏁#17. spencer1984 - 1964 Dodge.Done

🏁#29. Meat Man - C7 Corvette.Done

🏁 #20. Fat Brian - IMSA Mustang GTO.Done

🏁#25. camaro69 - Monte Carlo Nascar disguised as a 2003 Chevrolet Impala. Done

🏁#19. Mattilacken - New project- JGTC Supra. Done

🏁#27. disconovaman - Ford Fusion  Nascar  disguised as a Police car.Done

20 hours ago, Lunajammer said:

Fantastic work Anton! Great push to the end and you didn't cut any corners. 

Thanks! I am impressed by my self with my 33 day Finnish! 😆

17 hours ago, disconovaman said:

That's great! Awesome Job!! Feel free to Post it in the Finished CBR builds thread I started anytime now... 😊

Thanks! Yes I did that now 🙂 thanks again for all feedforward and dialogues! 

7 hours ago, Fat Brian said:

The Supra looks great, I can't believe you got it together so quickly. 

thanks! Same here 🤪

6 hours ago, Spottedlaurel said:

Excellent work Anton, the Supra looks fantastic!

Thanks m8! 😊

I've been reading over the descriptions in the finished section... I've gotta say the amount of scratch building, re-engineering, and modifications on these builds are Amazing! Very impressive work!  I knew at the start of this Cannonball we were gonna see some serious fabrication work. Without a doubt you guys delivered on my expectations! Congrats to all the finished cars. 👏 🏁😁🎉🎊

We're coming up on the Holidays soon and I'm hopeful that everyone will have some extra time to get finished! 

On 11/14/2021 at 10:28 PM, Mattilacken said:

#19 the team pushed through and finished the Supra respray and rebuild to be able to compete! 

Congratulations Anton! Looks great and I love the backdrop.👏

Been away since spring doing outdoors stuff. Now it's dark and cold again, it's time I had a look back to see what I've missed. Looks like a good number of finishers already, and best of luck to the last-minuters; you can do it!! 👍

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lunajammer said:

Peter, I was just looking at your pics on the finished builds thread. I'm glad you didn't tint the windows. That's a lot of greenhouse, it would be a shame to not take advantage of showing off your interior detail. 👍

Thanks Mike. Yep, I think imaginary tinting is definitely the best policy 😆. I have the Tamiya smoke clear spray can, but my tests were  unconvincing. No way I would risk it!

On 9/28/2021 at 12:55 AM, Fat Brian said:

My objective was to de-racify it to the point that it would look street legal enough to make it across the country

Btw! Your build was what made me put the Big wing on my entry! I loved how the original race wing was there on yours just not as noticeable.. I gues mine did not tick that box.. 🤪 love this years CBR and your build along with the ‘60 impala are my favorites 🙂  

The Impala is Great, it looks like it was kitted like that! I love all the builds...  I'm gonna have a tough vote. This has been my favorite Cannonball Run of all.

Imagine pulling the lid off a box and being able to build any of these kits exactly like these were built? I think that would sell some models. Great work with all the builds in this CBR! I'm proud of all the projects and of all you guys too. Thanks for all the hard work and creativity making this such a successful run!

I finally found some bench time and got a bit done to the 57 Cameo/Cartoon Network sled..

gJwBJyd.jpg

I couldn't decide between a Hemi and the Nascar engine, so I took a look at my parts bins and scrambled up some electric prototype engines

u5AR2un.jpg

uMKtFRp.jpg

More to come I hope quickly..lol

Lots of really nice builds driving up this year! Great to see

Cheers to All Cannonballers

Edited by Belugawrx
  • Like 1

Great work everyone, Can’t believe I only have a week to finish the GTO. I finally got some time to sit down and work on it today. I was able to paint almost all of the small parts, wheels and interior as well as get the ride hight setup where I want it and started mocking up an air dam on the front as well as two KC lights. Still need to finish a few areas of patina on the body and then I can start the final assembly.    

4109863A-409C-49CE-8C12-9F1074EF115C.jpeg

5BA3CF26-0A5A-434B-8C15-58641EA44B42.jpeg

72F6864F-476A-47B8-9BD0-3830E0E76E8E.jpeg

• Like 2