Model Cars Magazine Forum

1957 Ford Del Rio Ranch Wagon

doorsovdoon

Just finished this 1957 Del Rio wagon by Monogram. Great kit with no fit issues and very clear instructions. Painted in Kingfisher Blue metallic and Bianco Bossa Nova white, interior is the same combo. The gold trim on the side is done with chocolate wrappers with a texture on it. The kit comes with decals for the trim but they're just gold coloured with no texture. There are also decals for the seat inserts but annoyingly only one set and only in green, a colour that clashes with pretty much every other colour you want to do the body except green! So I masked off the seats and painted them that way which is easy enough, there's no complicated curves or separate trim pieces to avoid if doing it this way. So there we have it, excellent kit and very easy to build, although it has a few inaccuracies to the real thing it really makes up for in detail and ease of construction. Highly recommended kit,👍

20210304_210724.JPG

20210304_210922.JPG

20210304_211554.JPG

20210304_211633.JPG

That's a beauty Gareth as all your foil and two tone work looks perfect. And chocolate wrappers? Now that's being creative and it works well. I'll have to try your overspray technique on  a chassis at some point as it creates a visual interest. 

22 minutes ago, AMT68 said:

That's a beauty Gareth as all your foil and two tone work looks perfect. And chocolate wrappers? Now that's being creative and it works well. I'll have to try your overspray technique on  a chassis at some point as it creates a visual interest. 

Agreed, the chocolate wrappers idea is great.  Very clean work.

Thanks, guys. The chocolate wrapper is an idea I picked up from Tulio's YouTube channel. I'll try and take some better shots outside when the weather improves. My camera is useless at taking pictures inside, they come out way too dark and out of focus.