Model Cars Magazine Forum

1970 ford capri

michelle

this was a kitbash between two   amt mid 70's mercury capi ll   parts cars  i  decided to mod into a 1970 german made  ford capri   i found some pics online of a left hand drive german made ford capri   so it was what i went with since i did not have a right hand  dash for it for the uk made ford capri   and only had one dash between the two parts cars  and if i messed up  when cutting it apart i would not have another to try agian  with 
i painted and decaled it to match a matchbox 1970 ford capri    i got recently  
the tail lights are from my parts box same with the wheels and tires  and the bumpers i cut apart  to make the split front and pack bumpers some  early 70's ford capris  had 

IMG_1862.JPG

IMG_1863.JPG

IMG_1864.JPG

IMG_1865.JPG

IMG_1866.JPG

IMG_1867.JPG

IMG_1868.JPG

IMG_1869.JPG

IMG_1870.JPG

Nice, Michelle.  I owned a yellow '74  2.8 V6 for a couple years, an ok but not really loved car.  I've found a couple nice yellow die cast early Capris in 1/16 and 1/43 scale, but never liked the Capri IIs enough to get and build the AMT kit.

6 minutes ago, Tiger89 said:

Nice, Michelle.  I owned a yellow '74  2.8 V6 for a couple years, an ok but not really loved car.  I've found a couple nice yellow die cast early Capris in 1/16 and 1/43 scale, but never liked the Capri IIs enough to get and build the AMT kit.

thank you 

2 hours ago, PappyD340 said:

That's a sharp Capri!

thank you 

4 hours ago, stitchdup said:

Very nice, I like the look of the earlier side vents on the late body. I'll probably have to steal that idea from you

thank you  i converted it into a earlier capri as best as i could 

1 hour ago, dublin boy said:

It's sort of our Mustang over here in Europe Michelle.

I have a couple in the stash, they came from the US and Canada funnily enough.

You never see these built up, nice result from parts kits.

thank you 

22 minutes ago, charlie8575 said:

Interesting choice of a not-commonly-seen kit, and nicely done. I saw, and grabbed, one of those Matchboxes, too.

Charlie Larkin

thank you 

32 minutes ago, drodg said:

Looks great.  I always liked that Capri and I am actually old enough to remember them on the street!

thank you 

9 hours ago, Sledsel said:

Great job on a parts box build. The taillights even are close the the German Ford Capri

I'd like to get one of the AMT kits. I have the Monogram, but it is a curbside.

thank you