Model Cars Magazine Forum

At Walmart (at least one store)

So, today I found the stash at a local store, they are at the end of a shelf area, next to some indoor shop, and covered by a ad board for that said shop, I was standing in line when I caught the corner of kit peeking out. If I was not so bored, I would have missed it! Well stocked and not just random leftovers.

Same prices as before, nothing on clearance, yet. And for any locals, it is at the College Grove Walmart, shelves next to the registers. 

Edited by Daddyfink

In the last month, I was systematically checking the three Walmarts in my orbit.  Never found anything.  I think it's dependent on individual store managers.

When I previously found them in 2021, it was only at one store, and quite a bit later than most other people had encountered them.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Our local Walmart FINALLY started their "Clearance" on model cars!!!!!  And what's even better, they drug out a BUNCH of different kits that were obviously "back stock" laying in the backroom.....

Scored a Cal Drag Trio for $21  and a Grumpy's Vega & Ramchargers FED for $13 each!!!!    Couldn't resist a deal!!!!!

CHECK YOUR WALLYWORLD!!!!!

DJ

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Curious as I recently read some model car related Facebook posts that builders were getting some Clearance priced kits for $5.00 each at Walmart. My local store has a big "Clearance" sign on top of the available kits but they're clearance priced at $17.00 each. Should I hold-out hope that the price will eventually drop even lower?

I have been stopping by the Monroe MI Walley World store here and there to check for kits. Nothing and I have been looking sense November.

Stopped in last night and in the clearance section is a bunch of model's. The cheapest were the 13 dollar prostreet Chevy kits. I didn't grab a Nova but did grab a couple of the Chevelle kits.  Most were 21 or 17 dollars.  I grabbed one of what I wanted at the cheaper prices as Next time there might not be anything left.  Plenty of the Coke kits, 53 F1 Fords and the 72 Chevys. 

The surprise was that they had 3 of the Cement Mixers at 25 each still there. I didn't buy an of them.  

6 hours ago, '70 Grande said:

Curious as I recently read some model car related Facebook posts that builders were getting some Clearance priced kits for $5.00 each at Walmart. My local store has a big "Clearance" sign on top of the available kits but they're clearance priced at $17.00 each. Should I hold-out hope that the price will eventually drop even lower?

Mark I guess if you can go in every few days to check the price you can wait. 

22 hours ago, Tabbysdaddy said:

My wife found these about three weeks ago for $2.50 each on clearance, except the two on the right which were $17 each. 

20230322_232013.jpg

I was abbe to get the Surf shark for as low as $10 each. But $2.50 🤯 WOW!!!!!! thats a heck of a deal.