Model Cars Magazine Forum

AstroRod - A 1961 Comet from Outer Space

TimKustom

Thanks again for all the nice comments. Here's a pic with the whole "gang".

HotRodGang.jpg.093c90613098d3e17441db4183223f70.jpg

The Comet was my follow up to the lavender Model A. I didn't want to do another Hot Rod, but the Comet does share some of the others themes.

Gearing up for my next one, I think it's gonna be built straight out the box, but I'm unsure if I'm ready to leave the bubble yet... Stay tuned.

25 minutes ago, TimKustom said:

Thanks again for all the nice comments. Here's a pic with the whole "gang".

Do you have links to the boat tail roadster (build and/or completion)? The lavender A is particularly nice. What's the paint you  used (and of course, again the links, if any).

Edited by Bernard Kron
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bernard Kron said:

Do you have links to the boat tail roadster (build and/or completion)? The lavender A is particularly nice. What's the paint you  used (and of course, again the links, if any).

Thanks Bernard,

You can click on my name and there are threads for the others. I just noticed that the Bugatti pix are broken. Some of the '32 in progress appear broken as well.  I will see if I can get that fixed. They were built in 2013 & 2014. The lavender Model A was completed in 2020 and those still are there. Hope this helps. 

@TimKustom

What wonderful imagination and skills to pull this off

Like many said,  there's a Roth vibe to it, mixed in with your own idea's of a 60's show car of those times,

and it has been beautifully executed.

I think everything has already been said. I can't add anymore.

Just looking forward to your next build👍👍.

• Like 1

This is one of the most creative show rod models I’ve seen in a while. To look at the Comet body and see this speaks to how creative you are. Absolutely fantastic in every way! So glad you added the construction and interior pics. The interior is awesome! If this car was lined up with Roth’s other creations you’d swear it was one of his. Just bad ass!!!

• Like 1

Tim, as soon as I saw the first pic of your car I got a big ol' smile and a flashback as to when I was a kid.  Customs such as yours were THE thing back in my youth and you captured the flavor perfectly.  The pic of all 4 together was a nice add.  Congrats on a great build(s).   cheers, tim

• Like 1