Model Cars Magazine Forum

1966 Suburban with boat.

6 hours ago, slusher said:

Looks like a fun and challenging build. I always enjoy following your builds Pat..

The Suburban will be out of the box which should be refreshing, then the boat. I may have to build a couple of engines "while the paint dries". 

Car/boats are the coolest!  I have my '57 Bel Aqua in Tim Boyd's Chrysler Vee thread somewhere on here and have had this '57 Thunderboat on the back burner since earlier this year.  I combined a pullback toy T bird, about 1/28th scale, with a toy cabin cruiser hull that was narrowed significantly. There is a shipload of bodywork still to be done but I hope it might help you with your ideas.  I will look forward to your version as I have followed your work for a long time and am expecting something very cool!

Cheers

Alan

20211105_205730[1].jpg

20211105_205607[1].jpg

• Like 1

Another cool project Pat!  Your Suburban reminds me of my grandfather's truck when I was a kid, he had a small plumbing and heating business and his truck was a 62 GMC panel, the tail lights were similar.  I really like that truck era, it really marked my childhood! 😍  By the way, the mahogany motorboats from that era were works of art!

• Thanks 1

On 11/13/2021 at 5:17 AM, landman said:

Interior. Not sure about the wisdom of painting the dash body colour but it is what it is.

IMG_1417.JPG

IMG_1418.JPG

IMG_1421.JPG

I love what you are doing with this. Looks great. 
As for the dash. They were never body color from the factory. They were always a more satin/flat interior color. I know this because I own a 1:1 and my family has owned several. 
However, many have been painted body color during restoration as it does look good.