Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT 1/25 2020/21/22 Dodge Charger R/T

Maybe I missed it, but did you guys see this: 

CE580330-EB33-4396-BE6A-EDF415573E95.jpeg

7CF9F071-086A-469F-B73E-841696003629.jpeg

D34255E2-BD38-4F36-9A2D-59388568BFBE.jpeg

Posted by @Hawk312 in the main Round 2 thread. Appears to represent a recent Dodge Charger R/T (based on wheel style, front fascia, and 5.7 engine), and can represent versions from 2020-present (earlier versions would need some tweaking, and the wheels would need changing)

5 hours ago, Jordan White said:

Posted by @Hawk312 in the main Round 2 thread. Appears to represent a recent Dodge Charger R/T (based on wheel style, front fascia, and 5.7 engine), and can represent versions from 2020-present (earlier versions would need some tweaking, and the wheels would need changing)

A LOT of potential with this one, the more I think about it. I would of course love to see this with a Hellcat engine. I see a good number of these cars running around my area with wild colors, stripes, wheels and add-ons. It seems to be a very popular car with enthusiasts these days. 

8 minutes ago, iamsuperdan said:

I saw a post about this somewhere. Maybe Revell's IG account?

Anyway, it mentioned that this would be the first of several iterations. So it sounds like an R/T first, and a Hellcat will follow.

You mean Round 2.  On their FB page, they mention more variations will follow.  

2 minutes ago, Rob Hall said:

You mean Round 2.  On their FB page, they mention more variations will follow.  

Whoops! You are correct. 

"Expect to see the Charger R/T kit late this year with more variations to be announced later."

So I could for sure see a Hellcat widebody version. Wonder if they would also do a Scat Pack model, since that would only require minor changes from the R/T model (the 392 and 5.7 don't differ much in scale other than the intake and valve covers). I just hope they offer a couple different factory stripe options on the decal sheet and maybe a second set of wheels.

• 1 month later...

A four-door Charger. After all of these tears, it still doesn’t seem right to me. I’m still stuck in the past. This kit will never end up in my collection. At the same time, I hope it sells well. Making Round 2 a boat load of money and bring a newer generation into model building. It’s the right direction for them to go. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, unclescott58 said:

A four-door Charger. After all of these tears, it still doesn’t seem right to me. I’m still stuck in the past. This kit will never end up in my collection. At the same time, I hope it sells well. Making Round 2 a boat load of money and bring a newer generation into model building. It’s the right direction for them to go. 

It's simple really, while the Coronet was available in several body styles, the Charger just as a two-door, yet besides us, no one under 30 ever heard about a Coronet, but a Charger?! it's a Hollywood sweetheart and this world wide, so no wonder Chrysler chose it 

• Like 4

I also bemoaned the release of the Dodge Charger with too many doors when it came out. I'm now driving my second one and they are great cars. This being the case I'll be buying a few of these kits for sure. Just wish it had the All-Wheel Drive system like the ones I have owned. 

3 hours ago, espo said:

I also bemoaned the release of the Dodge Charger with too many doors when it came out. I'm now driving my second one and they are great cars. This being the case I'll be buying a few of these kits for sure. Just wish it had the All-Wheel Drive system like the ones I have owned. 

There is no question in my mind that the modern four-door Charger is by far a superior car to the Chargers of the 1960’s and 70’s. Mechanically and in general operation. My modern, four-door, Chevy Cruise is phenomenal car. In functionality and reliability  it is much better than any car I’ve ever own from the 1980’s, or further back. I still think my first car, a 1953 Chrysler New Yorker, was a much prettier car. And will always be look back on it through rose colored glasses. Despite the problems with the brakes and the 6 volt starting system. 

Edited by unclescott58

• 2 months later...
45 minutes ago, jefropas said:

Anyone get a firmer date on this from someone in the know?

Jeff

I kinda sense your excitement about it and it's on my want list too, but IMHO there are too many variables in today's world, to pin an exact date.

Best to keep on following this forum and or follow Round2 on the socials.

Edited by Luc Janssens

22 hours ago, Jordan White said:

Are you able to say whether there are going to be optional parts in this release?

There will be an optional set of wheels and believe the optional R/T stripes will be on the decal sheet.   The decals and packing are still work in progress. 

-Steve

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...