Model Cars Magazine Forum

"The Rumour Mill"

On 7/22/2022 at 11:12 AM, tim boyd said:

FWIW, and if I am remembering correctly, I have counted among these 12 pages of speculation just three guesses that more or less align with what I think this project might actually be. 

So, if my hunch turns out to be correct, nearly everyone here is going to have a very big surprise when they finally make the announcement

Of course, just like everyone else here, I could be totally wrong!!!!    TB 

Tim,

Even if your hunch is wrong, I have no doubt in my mind that John's current project is one that you would definitely be excited about.   

Currently we're waiting on some revised mockup parts.  I'm hoping once he's happy with the design work and he approves it for tooling that one of us will be able to share with everyone just what it is.  

-Steve 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, slusher said:

For some reason I thought it was one of his. Thanks for telling me..

No problem.  A lot of people think that Boot Hill was a Tom Daniel creation but its wasn't - it was done by Ray Farhner from Missouri.

Monogram's Boot Hill Express first came out in 1967 and may well have been the first "show rod" kit ever done as opposed to customs or radical customs e.g Ala Kart.

Edited by showrods
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, showrods said:

No problem.  A lot of people think that Boot Hill was a Tom Daniel creation but its wasn't - it was done by Ray Farhner from Missouri.

Monogram's Boot Hill Express first came out in 1967 and may well have been the first "show rod" kit ever done as opposed to customs or radical customs e.g Ala Kart.

Revell's Ed Roth cars predate the Boothill Express by a few years.

1 hour ago, iBorg said:

Revell's Ed Roth cars predate the Boothill Express by a few years.

Right you are!  Boot Hill is the first one that I remember seeing as a kid and that's why it's stuck all of these years.  Thanks for jogging my memory.

Edited by showrods

On 6/10/2022 at 9:23 PM, Oldcarfan27 said:

No way, Bondo wasn't around then. 2 sticks of lead for that realistic touch! 😅

Speaking of Barris - I then thought of the Hirohata Merc, but that was never a kit.

But it SHOULD be!!

Bondo came out in 1955

On 7/23/2022 at 9:33 AM, SteveG said:

Tim,

Even if your hunch is wrong, I have no doubt in my mind that John's current project is one that you would definitely be excited about.   

Currently we're waiting on some revised mockup parts.  I'm hoping once he's happy with the design work and he approves it for tooling that one of us will be able to share with everyone just what it is.  

-Steve 

Now, I am excited again, to see what is coming. I hope you can share the news soon.

I've stopped getting as impatient as I used to be. Before, I was chomping at the bit, could not wait to know. Now, I am still excited, but more low key. I can't hurry it along, so I just have to wait.

Still, there are some interesting things Tee'd Up, and I am anxious to see them in person. 

VRod is cool. The Barris T buggy has parts to restore that, Corvair motor, trans etc. The kit itself is ugly, I’ve bought them cheap for parts only. 
Meyers Tow’d would be another great buggy to see, pretty sure one hit wonder. Not mentioned earlier in thread, so guess we need to keep looking. 

• Thanks 1