Model Cars Magazine Forum

"The Rumour Mill"

You've got to picture these things as being of the time in which they were conceived.  I've actually got an original issue Raiders' Coach kit (was started when I got it) and still want to build it.  This was from the period when the guy who founded MPC really believed that pretty much any car kit, if well-designed and well-executed, would sell in sufficient numbers to justify its existence.  And, he was right way more often than he was wrong.  I might see if I can pick up a new decal sheet from someone parting out kits on eBay, but I still do want to build one of those.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stef said:

Slam it, stuff the engines inside the coach, trash the entire front section, chop the roof, equip fatter Firestone Drag 500 meats out back, simplify the lines, turn it into a 4-wheeler.

Or...I can just build another 'Boot Hill Express'...

Monogram+Boot+Hill+Express+03-1643416027.jpeg

Edited by blizzy63
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, iBorg said:

Strange as it may seem to some, but I'd like the Raiders Coach....hopefully someone will reproduce the figures that have been omitted from the prior reissue and appear to be missing from this issue.

The figures are undersize and were molded in a flexible material that no paint or glue yet known to man will stick to.  I never gave the ones in my kit too close an examination, but I'd bet they don't depict specific band members.  There was quite a bit of turnover in the band in the 1967-68 period, with the two guys pictured on the original box (Revere, and singer Mark Lindsay) being the only mainstays.

• Like 1

Just wanted to throw this out there.  The big announcement from Round 2;  is it something that will be jaw dropping and we'll be doing back flips over?  Maybe someone here in the know will tell us without exposing what the subject is.

4 hours ago, GMP440 said:

Just wanted to throw this out there.  The big announcement from Round 2;  is it something that will be jaw dropping and we'll be doing back flips over?  Maybe someone here in the know will tell us without exposing what the subject is.

Probably some of us will, but by the huge diversity of guesses, I doubt all of us will.

My bubble was burst 2 or 3 pages back.

19 minutes ago, Can-Con said:

I've always wanted to try my hand at something like this , , 

Have one going myself. Lil’ Gasser front frame, rear axle (1), and roof full, doors made. Fun distraction. Lots of leftover bits. 

• Like 1

FWIW, and if I am remembering correctly, I have counted among these 12 pages of speculation just three guesses that more or less align with what I think this project might actually be. 

So, if my hunch turns out to be correct, nearly everyone here is going to have a very big surprise when they finally make the announcement

Of course, just like everyone else here, I could be totally wrong!!!!    TB 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Can-Con said:

I've always wanted to try my hand at something like this , , 

HotWheels Miedo al publico (StageFright)

What I want to get my hands on in the picture above….. Whoops I had better be careful I do not want offend someone. 😏 Again! (“I’m a man, I can change if I have too.”) 

As far as what big surprise Round 2 is coming out with? The more I read this tread, the less interested I get. No one, including me, seems have a clue. Can not be built stock? Something we haven’t seen in long time? My hopes would be for the ‘32 Ford 2-door sedan that use to come with the ‘40 Willys coupe. That’s only thing I can think of that would really excite me. (Model wise, that is. Again I have to be careful. 😄

813A6594-5A31-400B-A97C-402239304726.jpeg

Edited by unclescott58