Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT 65 Ford Galaxie ( Jolly Green Gasser )

cobraman

Many of us older folks may have very well built kit some years ago . I know I did . Decided I wanted to take a crack at it again . This one isn’t too much better . I had some problems with this kit but I won’t blame the kit but rather blame myself . I did kind of rush it because I had a different kit I wanted to work on.  Anyway , I wanted to do it as the box art . Was surprised to see the side decal so darn small . Painted it with Tamiya TS - 20 Metallic Green and WLC as the clear coat . Not great but should look ok on the shelf . 

E7FB4C4C-47DA-4A50-9A11-EFF980B36C70.jpeg

00875F5D-471F-41D3-BF2C-D5FC9AB2353E.jpeg

1746879A-2A1C-4275-963D-74440903EB91.jpeg

1517EAE9-E37D-4321-855F-64A9636C3E8F.jpeg

343EAC0A-526D-4104-84A4-5C5CBE125F95.jpeg

• Like 2

Looks pretty dang good from here! Beautiful shade of green, I need to get some of that! Can't help but wonder why you didn't pull the wide black stripe down over the hood and deck lid? I think that would look "racy"!

Well done Ray, especially for a quick build.  I agree about the decals and wonder why they're not bigger.  Is that stance straight out of the kit or did you raise it?  I really didn't have a desire to pick up this kit, but seeing yours now has me thinking maybe I need one.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...