Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/16 Scale Army Vega Funny Car - Finished 10/14/2018

Mooneyzs

Fantastic work Chris!   Keep plugging away It will get there,  No rush to finish it April 8th at 8am or anything....Just keep building it the you want tit to be. When its done YOUR way then and only then will it be done.  DSC will be back next year also...So there really is not a rush to get it done just for that.

Of course we all want to see it there this year!   But if its not 100% what you want it to look like  we are good with that to!

There's a small piece of me inside that is so, SO happy the firing order is correct, AND wired for the 'backwards' hemi distributor rotation. (I spent far too long obsessing over pics to determine that.) Amazing attention to detail. :)

DP-Army-Vega_7991.jpg

Hey All... Sorry It's been a little while since I have been on or had any updates. I have had a lot going on lately and progress has been very slow on this build. I was going to post an update tonight but seems I am having photobucket issues again. I really need to switch to fotki or something. I apologize for not responding to each of you individually like I normally do. I can log in but when I go to upload pics it takes me right back to the login page and I have to sign back in. So little bit of a bummer I can't share any pics. I have made a little more progress on the engine but as I mentioned things haven't been moving as fast as I would like. Also I have another set back on the body, This whole build seems that every time I take a step forward it seems I take 2 backwards, I feel I am never going to get it done at this rate anyway, I apologize that I am not able to show the progress I have made. Photobucket is really ticking me off. Hopefully the problem will be fixed soon so I can post some pics.

Chris,

I've had good luck so far with Fotki but it is a subscription site. The first month or so is free then after that is pay per month or annually. Just a heads up. And I have yet to be able to post from the app. 

Hope you get the issues figured out!

Paul

Edited by mr68gts
Spelling

Chris do yourself a favor. Do a quick slumpbuster project. You have set the bar very high on this project. You have a l8t of fine work in this and now you are coming into the final finishing and assembly. This is a hobby which is suppose to be fun. Sometimes we all lose sight of that. As Lewis Carrol said the hurrier, I go the behinder I get. I know you will finish this and it will be a work of art. 

Bob... Thanks man but at this point I don't have the time to start a slumpbuster project. I have no choice but to get this one done. Once done I will wind down on a basically straight out of the box build and maybe finish up 2 different builds I had started a while back. I understand that I have a lot of work to finish this up and at the moment its more like a job than fun anymore but I need to hurry and get this build off my plate because it's starting to take a toll on me.

Well Fellas... Looks like Photobucket is allowing me to upload pics at the moment and I better take advantage of it when I can. So there has been a little assembly going on with the engine and making small steps. Here are some pics....

Here I have gotten the Blower installed as well as the blower belt and pulleys:

another view. you can see the bolts holding down the blower I painted them black since the real car had black oxide bolts on them, plus it gives a little contrast with the Alclad:

Here is the start of an Adel clamp that I have made out of some printing plate:

Here is the fuel pump completely installed with the cap and bolts. Along with the bolts on the crank pulley:

Next up was getting the fuel shut off valve and Tee Fittings installed on the fuel pump:

Here is a mock up of the A/N fittings to see what it would look like. I will glue these in when place once they are ready for braided line:

Bob... Thank you.

Jim.... Thanks.

Joe... Thanks, I have been trying to add as much as I can see from the pics. I am sure I have missed some things...lol

Hakan... Thank you.

Bill... Thanks.... Umm I better go back and check things because I am not sure if I did. Time to tear it all back down... ;)

I swear every time you post an update with pictures, I swear out loud. In most cases, its the same word and its not repeatable here.

This is truly glorious work Chris and you're really making good progress. Be sure to polish up that printing plate bracket before final assembly.