Model Cars Magazine Forum

IHOBBY show report out. Doing in pieces. Revell is first having the most to convey

I'm excited about the 32 ford and the 62 Vette. It is no surprise since I just got the Historic Racing Miniatures 62 transkit for the Monogram 59 kit. Also the Monogram 59 kit has a hardtop in it and the 58 Promodeler has a soft top uptop in it. The rear glass may be leftover from the 59 kit. I also just remembered that most of the Revell Corvette roadsters have tops. The 53/54 kit has a softop, 57 kit has a hardtop, 67 kit has a softtop and the 68 kit has both tops.

Perhaps it's a modified reissue of the old Monogram Chevy 4X4 pickup? I don't ever remember seeing a kit like that with a snowplow, either. Actually looking forward to that one!

That GMC pickup kit was around in the '80s but didn't have the snowplow at the time. I am guessing they tooled that up to go with the re-issue of the kit. It will be interesting to see when that kit comes out.

Did anyone see it at the show or did they just have box art on display?

Finally someone answered me ! Look, when Monogram did this van , I was too dern busy running a Van Accessory manufacturing business in Houston ............... It just need one of my scale snack trays and a pair of the seats my company built :P

The Oldsmobile has me wondering. A M T was set to have made this kit back in the late 80's and early 90's . Did someone get the tools that were cut and just finish the job ? :huh:

I guarantee ya'all that the new 57 Ford has a place in several Cop enthusiasts hearts .

Meanwhile , I'll be building another 40 Ford truck into a 41..............

Ed Shaver

I noticed the GMC pickup is listed as a reissue, but wasn't the only GMC pickup that style done by AMT?

Monogram had a "High Rollers" series of 4x4 trucks, I think this is probably from that but with more practical wheels. I've got either a Chevy or a GMC from the series and other than really oversize wheels (maybe 44", these look far more practical for a snow plow) it is a pretty nice kit.

They also did a Ford in the 1980-96 body style and I think a 4x4 van. I hope we see the Ford for the second half of 2012 or for 2013, I'll definately get a couple of the GMC trucks.

Monogram had a "High Rollers" series of 4x4 trucks, I think this is probably from that but with more practical wheels. I've got either a Chevy or a GMC from the series and other than really oversize wheels (maybe 44", these look far more practical for a snow plow) it is a pretty nice kit.

It's the same basic kit as the Monogram GMC Sport Pick-up last released in the mid '80s, with a decent set of semi-hard rubber Goodyear Tracker A-T tires:

Monogram_GMC_Sport_Pickup.jpg

I think the snowplow is a great addition, and in a few years when the kit is discontinued, people will be searching for it just for the snowplow parts.

Edited by Casey

Finally someone answered me ! Look, when Monogram did this van , I was too dern busy running a Van Accessory manufacturing business in Houston ............... It just need one of my scale snack trays and a pair of the seats my company built :P

The Oldsmobile has me wondering. A M T was set to have made this kit back in the late 80's and early 90's . Did someone get the tools that were cut and just finish the job ? :huh:

Ed, did you make wood or molded plastic drink trays? They still are very much in demand, especially the plastic versions.

I thought the '50 Olds was made as a die-cast bank by Ertl, so I'm sure Revell has its own unique tooling for this one.

Yeah it looks like they're reissuing the High Roller kit, minus the large tires and adding a plow. Though with the spare on the back of the box art, it also looks like they used parts from the stepside kit.

It would be nice if they included both the Chevy and GMC grills allowing a choice of either to be built.

It's the same basic kit as the Monogram GMC Sport Pick-up last released in the mid '80s, with a decent set of semi-hard rubber Goodyear Tracker A-T tires: I think the snowplow is a great addition, and in a few years when the kit is discontinued, people will be searching for it just for the snowplow parts.

Hopefully this will get Round 2 to bring back their 1984 GMC (Fall Guy) truck too. Those are asking crazy prices on ebay now and I only have a few left to build.

It would be nice if they included both the Chevy and GMC grills allowing a choice of either to be built.

That would require molding full chrome parts trees for both versions.

I have some nice Chevy chrome, including the grille, bumpers, and the tunnel ram parts from the monster truck version if you'd like them, Aaron. PM me your address if so, please.

I may be wrong, but didn't Revell or Monogram have the GMC truck with a Plow and snowmobile in the very early 80's?

That was the Ice Patrol Chevy Pickup and it had just the snowmobile, no snow plow. The last light duty vehicle to have a snow plow in the kit were some MPC Jeep kits from the '70's- a CJ-5 with a half cab/service station set up and a Jeepster with similar parts.

If Revell wants to ensure this truck is a good seller, they will get it to market soon, just in time for winter! ;)