Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

The mailman just delivered the kits I won on an ebay auction -

MPC '67 GTO

Revell '69 GTO Judge

Revell Dodge Charger SRT8 Super Bee

Revell '99 Chevy Silverado

Revell Johnny Lightning '64 GTO

Revell '69 Camaro Z/28

Monogram '39 Chevy street rod

AMT '62 Pontiac Catalina

The Judge and Charger might be hitting the swap & trade area soon.

The Big Tub was delivered to my door today, courtesy of Hobby Lobby and UPS. This is really a great deal for <$75.00 delivered:

Parts001.jpg

...and there was this eBay purchase, thank goodness it was cheap, as it's not pretty. :D I wanted to verify the Monogram Chevy pickup's bed is a shortbed and at least the bumpers, grille and glass are in useable condition:

Parts094.jpg

MonoChevyPickupBed1.jpg

MonoChevyPickupBed2.jpg

The box art, the best part of the kit! :)

Parts092.jpg

Edited by Casey

I was in an antique store yesterday and happened to see on a top shelf an AMT 1940 Ford

sedan delivery and the instruction sheet has the date of 1997 on it .

Opened and found that all the parts are there as it was not sealed for 5.00 bucks .

Just followed me home.

Not a computer person so sorry about no pics.

You large scale guys will want to read this. :D I stopped at a garage sale in the rain last weekend and I picked up a model kit they had (AMT Star Wars Snow Speeder, I thought my nephew would like it). When I took the model up to pay the home owner told me they had a ton of other models in the house. After I went and looked this is what I came out with. I filled my girlfriends car floor to roof so full you couldn't see out the back or the passenger side window. I even had models sitting on the dashboard. Luckily the sale was only a few miles from my house.

This is what I got:

Large Scale

Testors Jaguar E Type Die Cast Model

Minicraft 1928 Mercedes Benz SS Sonder Kabriolet

AMT 57 Chevy Bel Air convertible

Entex Honda CB 750 F

Revell '82 Firebird

Revell Ferrari 512 BB Boxer Berlinetta

Entex Rolls Royce Phantom III

AMT 57 Chevy Nomad

Monogram 65 Corvette Stingray

Monogram Kenworth W-900 Conventional

Revell 34 Rolls Royce Phantom II Continental

MPC 57 Corvette Stingray

MPC Cobra 427

MPC 10th Anniversary Firebird

AMT 64.5 Mustang

MPC Corvette Indy Pace Car

Revell Koenig Twin Turbo Testarossa

ROG VW Karmann Ghia

Academy 39 Jaguar SS100

AMT 57 Ford Thunderbird HT/Convertable

Revell Shelby GT-350 Mustang

Heller Citroen DS19

MPC 63 Corvette Stingray

Bandai Bugatti Royale Type 41

Monogram 79 Firebird

Monogram 85 Corvette Coupe

Monogram 82 Corvette Coupe

other stuff

Pyro Duelling Pistols

Pyro Lambretta Motor Scooter

Aurora 1911 Buick Model 14

Life Like Peacemaker "45"

Aurora Stutz Bearcat

Minicraft Yamaha 650

Revell Yamaha 350

Monogram Ducenberg SJ

Nakamura Mercedes Benz C111

Testors Miss Budweiser

Pyro Navy "36"

Jo-Han Chrysler turbine car

So far everything has been complete except for the Monogram Firebird which is missing the chassis and maybe a little bit more. I still have close to 20 large scale models not listed. My girlfriend FLIPPED OUT when i brought this stuff home so I took some of it to my parents house. I know I have about 15 other Tamiya and Entex Motorcycles, a Pocher kit (lambo I think), and a few other Monogram and Revell kits.

This price I paid for everything.... All the money in my wallet... $271 for 66 kits and I would have gotten more had I had a bigger car.

Oh I almost forgot I spent three nights sleeping on the couch also.

Oh I almost forgot I spent three nights sleeping on the couch also.

Killer find, Kind've hard to sneak that many Large scale kits into a house, isn't it? :lol:

I hope the couch was comfy. ;)

Well today I picked up the Tamiya paint stands and got my Pace spray booth hooked up and ready

to go.

TamiyaPaintstands.jpg

Darn thing tho, I'll be house sitting for a friend for a week or more and won't get a

chance to use it :D

They followed me home? B) Was only gonna pick up a some Ambroid Proweld and a copy of the New mags, and well.............................Ended up with the Proweld, some Ca, some Tamiya Masking tape and some .040 sheet and Odds & Ends bag, and the Mags, and well the New COPO Nova and another Vic.

FILE0490.jpg

Nick

They followed me home? :lol: Was only gonna pick up a some Ambroid Proweld and a copy of the New mags, and well.............................Ended up with the Proweld, some Ca, some Tamiya Masking tape and some .040 sheet and Odds & Ends bag, and the Mags, and well the New COPO Nova and another Vic.

FILE0490.jpg

Nick

Dailey Hobbies made their day then? ;)

The local model show netted me all of this. I went for quantity over rarity so for the little money I had I came out with a bunch of stuff. Also a shout out to route66modeler. I met him at the show and two of these were his.

modelbuy-1.jpg

Just got back from the NNL West in Chatsworth CA. Here's what I got;

- Revell 69' Ford Talladega W/Diner Diorama

- 96' Camaro Z28

- AMT 53' Ford Pickup W/Hauler

- Testors Car Trailer

- Herb Deeks Wire Wheel Trans Kit

- Aoshima SSR MK-II Wheel Set

- Aoshima Work Equip Wheel Set

- Aoshima Techno RC. V.X Wheel Set

- A 1/64 RESIN VW BUS (Got it from Herb Deeks) ;)

P1070384.jpg

P1070383.jpg

P1070386.jpg

The local model show netted me all of this. I went for quantity over rarity so for the little money I had I came out with a bunch of stuff. Also a shout out to route66modeler. I met him at the show and two of these were his.

Man things are really looking up for you in 2011! :D You've spent more than my mortgage payment on something close to 80 model kits in the few days, that's a far cry from worrying about where you where going to live and if you'd have a car to drive before Christmas.

005.jpg

That's gonna be a biggun when it's done :o

...and there was this eBay purchase, thank goodness it was cheap, as it's not pretty. :blink: I wanted to verify the Monogram Chevy pickup's bed is a shortbed and at least the bumpers, grille and glass are in useable condition:

Parts094.jpg

MonoChevyPickupBed1.jpg

MonoChevyPickupBed2.jpg

The box art, the best part of the kit! :lol:

Parts092.jpg

There are some parts of the 80's I don't miss........the paint and graphics in particular :lol:

Man things are really looking up for you in 2011! B) You've spent more than my mortgage payment on something close to 80 model kits in the few days, that's a far cry from worrying about where you where going to live and if you'd have a car to drive before Christmas.

Yeah things are a lot better. I still don't have a real job but I finally have more than just a part time here and there job. In the last month I have volunteered for and worked 103 hours of overtime. My girlfriend while not overly supportive about me spending money knows I haven't had any money of my own for over two years and she know I am still saving also. So long as I continue to buy cheaply I will try to get as much as I can get my hands on.

That race car I talked about over the winter is doing well to. For a 9 year old chassis that was in a flood, survived a garage fire, rebuilt by a washed up has been (me), and driven by a kid that has never driven faster than 100 anywhere before in his life. She is banging at the local track. In four race days finished 5, 2, 4, 5. When I watch the car go around the track it's almost hard to believe that one year ago at this time their was a raccoon living in the car.

Thanks for the comment. It's nice to know someone noticed and remembered. Oh and when the overtime dries up I will leave more of the good deals to others :P

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...