Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Irked You Today?

LokisTyro

40 minutes ago, Rob Hall said:

Noticed a hairline crack down the tank on one of my toilets... doesn't seem to be leaking yet, but still...

A little duct tape or some silicone goo, she'll be good as new (that's the way us mouth-breathin' old geezers fix stuff).    ;)

Edited by Ace-Garageguy
TYPO
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

A little duct tape or some silicone goo, she'll be good as new (that's the way us mouth-breathers fix stuff).    ;)

I've put some Gorilla Glue sealant on it for now... I'm planning on remodeling this particular bathroom in the next year anyway..  want to put a hydrotherapy tub and maybe one of those Toto Wifi smart toilets.

Just now, Mark said:

Don't tell me the toilet will need an app...

It has a remote control for the heated seat, lights, presentation settings, etc, and a phone app...being able to flush from my phone while away from home sounds fun...but not particularly useful.

31 minutes ago, Rob Hall said:

It has a remote control for the heated seat, lights, presentation settings, etc, and a phone app...being able to flush from my phone while away from home sounds fun...but not particularly useful.

I don't even want to try to imagine what "presentation settings" are...

7 hours ago, slusher said:

I just had one replaced by the kindness of my father in-law. The old one had cracks when I bought the house and they put a toilet with stress cracks in a new house. My new one supposed to flush 12 golf balls.

Just the thing for a frustrated golfer after a bad day at the links...

The "seat up/seat down" thing could be useful, if the app can detect who is walking in to use the facilities...

Too many tangents to go off on, better stop now...

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, crazyjim said:

Caught Bad Chad Customs...I can't believe the very ugly cars he builds and that he has a TV show...

Puke-inducing designs, and proof positive that talent and self-critical judgement is wildly overrated, as argued forcefully on another thread.

Criticize something built by a young guy? It's just hating on youth, according to the dweebles, not expressing distaste for an awful design that would still be exceedingly ugly no matter how old the builder was.

I watched Bad Chad the other night, I had seen about two of his shows last year and was surprised to see that he was back. Style and design are just not something I like, but I'm sure there're some that find it interesting.