Jump to content
Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you see on the road today?


Recommended Posts

On 8/27/2021 at 12:30 AM, Sam I Am said:

Georgous Cougar.  It looks like a 1967. It also looks like some sort of badge on the rear quarter panel because it is not the correct shape for the '68 side marker light. 

It is a 67 Cougar, the emblems look like this....Image 1 - ●COUGAR CAT QUARTER PANEL EMBLEM●1967 Mercury Cougar Badge Emblems●WalkingCougar

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Today was a bonus round for random sightings ...... Love the license plate on the Ford GT... “IBCNU”😸

We have lots of forest fire smoke in the air, so everything’s yellow tinted.

8FF509C6-1D0F-4108-ACD3-29846626166A.jpeg.79ca1985adea6e9bd3d4ee086d91c908.jpeg

9F465D47-27A0-4692-8046-FC50A8EF961E.png.40450ac13a8b554d0eda7b01cabc57b7.png

2C1BB274-8788-4690-93AB-E3C67902F545.jpeg.0079bcb477913e95a60ea1ae60a6f9d1.jpeg

DAE714E5-E080-4DAB-B7F9-113BFE5670DF.jpeg.4ca0547e80a4d4540a063827088f2373.jpeg

34FD0390-3BFD-4C8C-9A60-17AF9011D1CA.jpeg.461d8b1c244c6f733b64fc6acd810c44.jpeg

 

I finally got some good pics of this Citroen ... It lives up the street from me, but when it’s home it sits real far back on a driveway ... Today it was parked in central downtown.

4CD83E4A-E286-4C8E-9441-F093B07FD5E9.jpeg.3a6ba9588be4409a22f9a1ca8ea90b4e.jpeg

9BD8B24A-0366-4ED8-B6A7-6DAF5F855323.jpeg.2eec2d10c2cdccda657285ef474ac96c.jpeg

5E222A9E-9E6C-4EE9-8BAA-E31583A7C118.jpeg.e1dd0e9360d2d236030be1964187d609.jpeg

 

And then there were these two delinquents just sitting there loitering...

CB3E642E-7D04-4F3A-AAC3-1CFF7FF23BFC.jpeg.df91c54aa425560c293aa7810bd4f050.jpeg

2822A122-F1BB-4CEF-BEEB-4A6DD6BB15D9.jpeg.fc6ce531d9f6c6439f2115d83281712e.jpeg

 

Oh yeah, and this one...

325B92D0-AC58-4616-8211-CA5A967C1C71.jpeg.db9dd1932a3cdbb16d822fa30a4ae617.jpeg

 

 

Edited by Venom
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Earl Marischal said:

There certainly aren’t many that I’ve seen. US pickups aren’t entirely unknown in the country; round this part of Yorkshire I have seen at least 3 Dodge (still?) Rams, working examples not show cars.

.In a nearby town is 1950s Chevy pickup that is deliberately patinaed but I haven’t been able to get a photo of it yet.

steve

PS What year is the one in my pic? Column change and bench seat if that helps.

judging by the headlights/grill, side marker lights, and possibly missing side trim, im guessing early to mid 80's.  but don't quote me on that.  i like the body style but don't know a whole lot about them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The old Toyota is the only one I saw today, the others have been pretty recent though.

2v2afNDF2xAKN8F.jpg

 

The Cougar Eliminator & Torino Cobra were in the same driveway.  I've seen the Cougar around before (might have it posted earlier in this thread) but not the Torino.

 

2v2afNDP3xAKN8F.jpg

2v2afNDa2xAKN8F.jpg

 

This F250 was amazingly clean, I didn't care for the wheels though, however.

 

2v2afNidoxAKN8F.jpg

 

This 78ish? Ranchero was in the parking lot at work when I left one day.   Someone on night shift owns it, not sure who though.

 

2v2afNiQ5xAKN8F.jpg

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Our town has spent the past 6-8 months just devastating all of the downtown streets in the name of "progress".  The streets are smooth now but they've taken a good 1/3rd of the available street parking and made them into wider sidewalks, parklets, expanded street dining space.  All very nice but unnecessary, its not that busy downtown.  Now there's even less places to park but what do I know?  Last weekend they had a "soft" re-opening of downtown and decided to have a community fest and low-end car show.  Look at the clean, newly-laid asphalt.

The first three are owned by neighbors (like 2-5 houses away).  I watched the restoration process on each.

LYmxJVt.jpg

The front bumper was a recent addition.  Powered by SBC.

1ASMIge.jpg

The money quote on this Olds: "I really didn't need another project but this was too good to pass up.  Look at the wiring.  Its almost looks like it was made last week"

DfJ3kiQ.jpg

The requisite Mustang Corral

8rVyOHK.jpg

Oh, so shiny!

IDnLPGR.jpg

Hard to tell but this one had substantial "Big and Littles" and a bit of a rake.

rtKgTQr.jpg

Rat Rod, the inside was as well finished as the outside.

2vRHjWx.jpg

Very sanitary.  Had a 383 as best as I could tell.

5c4vzAS.jpg

There were others but these interested me and being a local show I had seen any number of others on previous occasions.

Edited by The Junkman
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

More cool rides from the Tuesday show,which is set up to support drag racing on LI NY.It’s been 20 years since the last drag track closed.Well LINADS,which stands for LONG ISLAND NEEDS A DRAG STRIP.Well after 5 long years,they got a drag srtip on abandon air feild,it’s an 1/8 th mile.But they really did it,and racing started last week.Just a few rules,must wear a helmet,a harnes ,or a lap belt.Mufflers,etc. Drag racing is back on Long Island,NY👍👍👍👍👍👍

2A3A4BC5-5BA4-432A-A669-ADD2F5229796.jpeg

50D4E1DF-E363-412D-AF47-2E5354988777.jpeg

5431BF11-1993-417A-8D81-0E22F29360E1.jpeg

FAC8EC4F-632E-40DB-BDF5-36BA3050C557.jpeg

F158E052-573A-4E7C-826E-350469FC89BF.jpeg

A6EC07EA-F205-4097-913B-081356079187.jpeg

D8FE7BBA-9713-426D-AA07-BDCE6F8CF4A0.jpeg

C0CFE18D-D454-438B-9581-B1673CBE6D18.jpeg

FF697AD5-CC95-4973-BB0C-4EA3A1F425FE.jpeg

E99F908E-2827-419A-9B2E-5D4416FD6841.jpeg

0AF3F8CA-B8E4-43CA-A56C-55A61AFF37E7.jpeg

079B6B51-12CB-45A7-99A8-C33F42CF43EA.jpeg

A547D4CF-EA7C-4B29-9B63-265702E09257.jpeg

37605DA1-470A-4FE0-8FCE-C649E20ED0F0.jpeg

D502E81C-B381-44E2-8BB3-58B11229CD71.jpeg

0455C9C0-540A-4FF6-9FAF-D55CFA4FE7D9.jpeg

95924651-F73F-4061-B5A9-136C7CFF35B3.jpeg

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, The Junkman said:

Our town has spent the past 6-8 months just devastating all of the downtown streets in the name of "progress".  The streets are smooth now but they've taken a good 1/3rd of the available street parking and made them into wider sidewalks, parklets, expanded street dining space.  All very nice but unnecessary, its not that busy downtown.  Now there's even less places to park but what do I know?  Last weekend they had a "soft" re-opening of downtown and decided to have a community fest and low-end car show.  Look at the clean, newly-laid asphalt.

The first three are owned by neighbors (like 2-5 houses away).  I watched the restoration process on each.

LYmxJVt.jpg

The front bumper was a recent addition.  Powered by SBC.

1ASMIge.jpg

The money quote on this Olds: "I really didn't need another project but this was too good to pass up.  Look at the wiring.  Its almost looks like it was made last week"

DfJ3kiQ.jpg

The requisite Mustang Corral

8rVyOHK.jpg

Oh, so shiny!

IDnLPGR.jpg

Hard to tell but this one had substantial "Big and Littles" and a bit of a rake.

rtKgTQr.jpg

Rat Rod, the inside was as well finished as the outside.

2vRHjWx.jpg

Very sanitary.  Had a 383 as best as I could tell.

5c4vzAS.jpg

There were others but these interested me and being a local show I had seen any number of others on previous occasions.

Great looking show. The orange car, is that a Kaiser version of the Henry J ?  I haven't seen one of those since I can't remember when. The yellow Dodge RT may even be a 440 cu.in.  I think that was the standard on the RT with the Hemi as an option. I just remember you better bring your A Game if you ever wanted to race against one back in the day. I which we had a model of the '57 Olds Super 88 with the J2 engine to build. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, NYLIBUD said:

More cool rides from the Tuesday show,which is set up to support drag racing on LI NY.It’s been 20 years since the last drag track closed.Well LINADS,which stands for LONG ISLAND NEEDS A DRAG STRIP.Well after 5 long years,they got a drag srtip on abandon air feild,it’s an 1/8 th mile.But they really did it,and racing started last week.Just a few rules,must wear a helmet,a harnes ,or a lap belt.Mufflers,etc. Drag racing is back on Long Island,NY👍👍👍👍👍👍

2A3A4BC5-5BA4-432A-A669-ADD2F5229796.jpeg

50D4E1DF-E363-412D-AF47-2E5354988777.jpeg

5431BF11-1993-417A-8D81-0E22F29360E1.jpeg

FAC8EC4F-632E-40DB-BDF5-36BA3050C557.jpeg

F158E052-573A-4E7C-826E-350469FC89BF.jpeg

A6EC07EA-F205-4097-913B-081356079187.jpeg

D8FE7BBA-9713-426D-AA07-BDCE6F8CF4A0.jpeg

C0CFE18D-D454-438B-9581-B1673CBE6D18.jpeg

FF697AD5-CC95-4973-BB0C-4EA3A1F425FE.jpeg

E99F908E-2827-419A-9B2E-5D4416FD6841.jpeg

0AF3F8CA-B8E4-43CA-A56C-55A61AFF37E7.jpeg

079B6B51-12CB-45A7-99A8-C33F42CF43EA.jpeg

A547D4CF-EA7C-4B29-9B63-265702E09257.jpeg

37605DA1-470A-4FE0-8FCE-C649E20ED0F0.jpeg

D502E81C-B381-44E2-8BB3-58B11229CD71.jpeg

0455C9C0-540A-4FF6-9FAF-D55CFA4FE7D9.jpeg

95924651-F73F-4061-B5A9-136C7CFF35B3.jpeg

I like the wide verity of cars in your shows. I don't think many of them see use in the snow. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, espo said:

Great looking show. The orange car, is that a Kaiser version of the Henry J ?  I haven't seen one of those since I can't remember when. The yellow Dodge RT may even be a 440 cu.in.  I think that was the standard on the RT with the Hemi as an option. I just remember you better bring your A Game if you ever wanted to race against one back in the day. I which we had a model of the '57 Olds Super 88 with the J2 engine to build. 

The Henry J and the Olds have the same owner.  He has wide and varied taste in restoration.  He mated a 1962 Bel Air with a bubble top and dropped a 409 in it, a kit Cobra, Nash Metropolitan in red and white. 1967 Camaro (a rotisserie redo), and on and on-all just in his garage except for engine and transmission rebuilds and paint.  I want to be just like him if I grow up.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...