Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Pleased You Today!

James2

Oh boy...I envy a man who has real heat in his house.  

LOL.... The temp dipped down in the high 20's a week or so ago.. when I went to light the 73 model heater I had, she didn't do a thing. Went to the "old" hardware store in town to buy a new rebuild kit, and the owner said, "Son, I sold you the last kit I had 4 or 5 years ago." I knew it was coming one day...lol.

I was very happy to get some new parts installed on my Vespa, before the winter cold sets in.  The garage is not heated, and the concrete floor whoops on my joints big time.  Plus the hand joints don't like cold either.

Some of you guys are showing 1st snow,  Germany hasn't any yet, other than the higher regions (Alps).

I rebuilt a low mileage motor earlier this year,  the Vespa has 50% more displacement and 20% more power now.  A longer gear and I cruise at 70 now, 75 top speed....if needed.

Yoohooo!

Fun!

I was very happy to get some new parts installed on my Vespa, before the winter cold sets in.  The garage is not heated, and the concrete floor whoops on my joints big time.  Plus the hand joints don't like cold either.

Some of you guys are showing 1st snow,  Germany hasn't any yet, other than the higher regions (Alps).

I rebuilt a low mileage motor earlier this year,  the Vespa has 50% more displacement and 20% more power now.  A longer gear and I cruise at 70 now, 75 top speed....if needed.

Yoohooo!

Fun!

Trying to drive a Vespa at 70mph there would have to be someone on the back holding a gun to my head.

First time in 27 years of marriage that our Thanksgiving did not include additional family members. It was just the wife and our 2 grown kids and we actually had the best meal ever as there wasn't any stressing over who was running late or if everything was cooked to everyone's liking. My wife had major surgery a week ago and came through just fine so we had that to be thankful for but the best part was my 20 year old daughter volunteered to cook the dinner this year. She made perfect mashed potatoes, three casseroles, stuffing and sweet potatoes in addition to biscuits and corn bread. My big contribution was waiting in line on Tuesday at Honeybaked Ham to get the turkey breast and I did the post meal clean up as I have been told I do the best job of cleaning, must be the OCD!

Hope everyone had a great meal and whomever they were with they enjoyed being with them.

On Monday it was -19 Celcius and snowing. Yesterday, we had freezing rain. Today it has warmed up to 5 degrees, and everything is a big sloppy mess. I'll be lucky to get out of my parking lot and stay clean.

I wish it would just stay cold so the roads stay dry and clean. 

Conversely, I'm not going to complain about warm weather. :)

Had a very relaxing, pleasant Friday...had the day off, great weather (50 and sunny), so I went out to the Lake Erie Coast..didn't do any Black Friday shopping other than buying some wine and gifts at a couple wineries out on Catawba Island and Marblehead Peninsula.   Saw a few lighthouses and walked along some beaches...

Finally have the new truck, with accessories installed and ready for adventure!

IMG_20171124_1418491.jpg

On Monday it was -19 Celcius and snowing. Yesterday, we had freezing rain. Today it has warmed up to 5 degrees, and everything is a big sloppy mess. I'll be lucky to get out of my parking lot and stay clean.

I wish it would just stay cold so the roads stay dry and clean. 

Conversely, I'm not going to complain about warm weather. :)

As a Canadian I know what you mean about the weather when it is cools and snowing one day and sunny and warm the next it makes a mess of everything and then you have slushy and wet roads that are almost as bad as a icy roads. 

Your dodge looks great the canopy and colour combolook good on that truck. and there is nothing wrong with a dirty truck then it looks like you use it. The stripe on the box that says power wagon is cool. The only problem with the power wagon is that they don't come with the cummins engine.

Edited by 426 pack

On 11/24/2017 at 8:36 PM, 426 pack said:

As a Canadian I know what you mean about the weather when it is cools and snowing one day and sunny and warm the next it makes a mess of everything and then you have slushy and wet roads that are almost as bad as a icy roads. 

Your dodge looks great the canopy and colour combolook good on that truck. and there is nothing wrong with a dirty truck then it looks like you use it. The stripe on the box that says power wagon is cool. The only problem with the power wagon is that they don't come with the cummins engine.

I'm not a fan of diesel. Gas is easier to find at out of the way gas stations, they warm up faster, and this engine will more than handle the trailers it will get hooked up to. And it's about $12K CDN cheaper!