[[Template core/front/global/utilitiesMenu does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
LOBBS

What Did You Get Today? (Not Model Related)

I would be interested in how much you like that. I have 3 Taurus pistols in my collection. Two semi autos and one revolver. I had to send both autos back to them for repairs. The revolver works very well.

I had a Taurus Poly22, or PT-22, whichever you prefer apparently, and sent it back twice. They never got the gun fixed. I ended up taking a refund on it. It jammed, jammed, jammed. Then it also threw the rounds out tumbling. It was a nightmare. I did some research on the 'Net and both of those problems were mentioned on dozens of different forums. Don't buy one of those!

I bought  a Ruger SR22 at the same time I bought the Poly22. I love the Ruger. I can go out and run 100 - 150 rounds through it without stopping to do any cleaning and it won't give me ANY trouble. It's a complete joy to tear up some silhouette targets on a sunny afternoon with that gun.

I'll try and remember to update this after I shoot the new Taurus.

Edited by smhardesty

The ones I sent back for repair was a PT22 and a 709 Slim. The revolver a 44 magnum is darn good.

I looked at a Taurus 806, I think was the model. It is a 6 shot 38 special. Several of the compact revolvers are 5 shot models. For some reason I just can't get past that. I've always considered a revolver to be a 6 shot gun.

On 6/20/2018 at 5:24 PM, smhardesty said:

I made the mistake of stopping in the local gun shop today. We all started talking guns and one of the guys mentioned the Taurus Spectrum. I wasn't at all familiar with that gun so they pulled one out of the case for me to check out. A couple of the guys there said they had bought one and both guys were really pleased with the gun. To make a long story short, I plunked the money down and bought one. They are available in a rainbow of colors, but mine is exactly what you see in the photo. I didn't think I wanted to carry a pink or purple one. :rolleyes:

I'll pick the gun up Saturday. They only had LRN ammo in stock, but are supposed to get a shipment of ammo in tomorrow. They'll have 4 or 5 different home defense, fragmenting types of ammo when I go in Saturday. I might decide to go with the RIP fragmenting round. I went ahead and bought a new, soft touch, concealed carry holster for this new gun. When the gun is in the holster it is extremely comfortable in the 3 o'clock position inside my waistband. It's a fairly slim gun and the holster is minimalistic so there is nearly no bulge at all.

https://ii.cheaperthandirt.com/fcgi-bin/iipsrv.fcgi?FIF=/images/cheaperthandirt/source/2-ti1-007031-102_1.tif&wid=575&cvt=jpeg

My favorite .380 was, is and always will be, the Walther PPK/S. I sold mine some years back, but I'll eventually grab another.

4 hours ago, Roadrunner said:

My favorite .380 was, is and always will be, the Walther PPK/S. I sold mine some years back, but I'll eventually grab another.

A Walther is a fine gun, for sure.

Today was a big day for me, I got to replace my beloved SC300 with another one. This one is a pearl white 98 model that is way nicer than the 95 I used to have.

20180622_125041.thumb.jpg.c8c3deb44225cd68d9345fa81a22fc23.jpg

This came in for my Jeep, $141.90 with tax, might be nicer than the OEM part was too!

IMG_20180623_115608_089.jpg

It's running now too!

Edited by Joe Handley

Today I got some old connecting rods and pistons to make into my lawnmower bumper. 

7237E47A-6328-46FC-B25E-3A240E34074A.jpeg

OK.  Now I know some of you are going to think, WTF? 

Well, I like good shoes and I can't see anymore paying more than $700 for shoes that last a lifetime, since I'm in the meantime 67 yrs. old.  Seems stupid.  I have English shoes I bought in this category from 40 years ago, and wore them every day,  but not the same pair daily, during my working years.   I walked a lot.  Still have them, they're still very good!  Occasionally I have opportunity to still wear them.

Today,  I received these, a new pair of casual shoes;

-4072.jpg.121eb3a832bec8077df01034ace28ffd.jpg

Hand made in Italy,  ordered to size, with full leather soft lining and a soft leather cushioned insole, all leather sole and nailed heel with a rubber heel insert and Blake stitched construction.  I didn't want this color suede, too dark for spring and summer evenings, but chose another color from 16 (!!) other choices.

They arrived today, and fit like a glove,  super soft even without socks.  Just slide in and a puff of air rushes out and WOW!  These shoes fit.  The soft leather lining is super smooth, even on the top of the inside shoe.  Great quality for $175, hand made.

Business shoes are of course a matter of choice.  I like good shoes and still have good American shoes from older days.  Several years ago I ordered a pair of Johnston & Murphy Chelsea boots and they are for the price a real good deal, I like them and wear them while riding my Vespa (except in the hot summer days).

Consider this, a young man enters the working world and black plain business shoes are a MUST.  Buy a $700 hand made shoe (this was back in the 70's, today 3 times), and you won't ever have to buy another, especially if you choose to buy two!  This makes out to about some $50 a year.  Not much.

Just a thought, plus I like to sometimes be different.  So, maybe the 1st shoe freak on our forum?

Most I ever paid was 140 for some SAS shoes and about 150 for some boots when I had motorcycles.

Hello Ray, $150 for a motorcycle boot was a good investment.  Protection was needed.

Man, I feel cheap now. Most I ever paid for footwear was a little over a ton for hiking boots, and a pair of Tony Lamas...quite a while ago.  :D

Today's a big day for me. Got a brand new 2018 Toyota Tacoma SR midnight black. 4X2, enough for me though. 

20180630225216.jpg

Spent just about all day at a seaside holiday park looking at and eventually purchasing a mobile home for weekends away and such...

Wife, daughter and grandchildren happy.

steve

On ‎7‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 9:36 AM, cobraman said:

Sharp truck. Congrats !

thanks Ray!

Finally ordered a couple of car magazines. I thought I might be able to pick up some ideas for my builds by looking at and reading about real, 1:1 cars. I ordered Hot Rod and Car Craft. Both are monthly issue mags and it only cost me $22 for both of them.

I got this power mechanic book from 1964. I am going to try and read all of it. 

31DFCA23-7B95-4EB6-A335-1AC6828D8E84.jpeg