Jump to content
Model Cars Magazine Forum

bluestringer

Members
  • Posts

    2,054
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by bluestringer

  1. I'm still trying to decide if this is the way I'm going with it. Got some styrene rod to see if I can make some spacers that will push the big meats out a little, then try some toothpicks for axles. Meanwhile I'm working on the Ford modified stocker. Hope to finish it in a couple of days and get started on this hot rod.
  2. Thanks. I don't have a lot of spare parts yet, only been back in the hobby a few months. But I'm working on it, buying kits at Hobby Lobby when they have the 40% off weeks.
  3. Turned out really nice Bob. Great job.
  4. How did you do the bluing on the headers?
  5. That's a great looking rod. Nice work. I've not got this kit yet. Hoping HL has it for the next 40% week.
  6. Yeah....that may just work, thanks. I always fix mine so they don't roll anyway.
  7. I have those same instructions, but I don't have all those extra parts needed. And it doesn't go into detail on how to install the big meats on the back. The mags that are in the kit don't fit far enough into my big tires, so the axle is not long enough. I will try and find an axle that will work. I hope I can come up with some other engine options that will work also. Also fitting the body and interior onto the frame doesn't seem to work very good without the fender section on there. I'm studying on it though.
  8. That's where I got the idea. Instructions has a customized drag version shown, but no details on building it. Not sure if it can be built without the fenders, but I think I'm going to try it. The big ole meats I got are the street tires out of the 67 Chevelle Pro Street. I will need to come up with someway to mount them, looks like I will need a longer metal axle.
  9. Deleted..........wrong section.
  10. Got some engine work done and painted the body with some Ceramcoat Wedgewood Green. All comments welcome.
  11. Looking over the parts I see there are two complete engines in this kit. A high performance engine and what looks like a stock engine. But no other parts to build it stock.
  12. I had mine glued in also. I got the shock into the rear end section first, then carefully pushed it into the frame position. The rear end actually lifted up slightly but stayed glued.
  13. I was test fitting when I got them in place and they were so tight I decided not to remove them for gluing. They probably didn't need any glue, but I took a toothpick and applied a small amount from the backside of the frame and around the mount areas.
  14. They did seem to be a little too long. They have to be manipulated just right to get them on. I had to lift up the rear end spring assembly very slightly to get them into position on the frame.
×
×
  • Create New...