Model Cars Magazine Forum

Some more Round2 surprizes!

Am I missing something here? It looks like the Round 2 website hasn't been updated for a good while. As even the 79 Trans Am isn't on it I'm wondering what else is available that I'm missing out on...

Am I missing something here? It looks like the Round 2 website hasn't been updated for a good while. As even the 79 Trans Am isn't on it I'm wondering what else is available that I'm missing out on...

Their 'site used to be a few months behind in terms of showing what's available, but it's gotten much worse within the last twelve months. Fortunately, there are other online sources from which one can glean that information easily and quickly.

MPC '67 Dodge Charger Street Machine is coming, too. Not sure if that's good news or not. :lol:

Wouldn't mind seeing this as the "Great Street Machines" issue from the Seventies. Other than the wheels, I'm not sure how different that one is compared to the more-recent issues.

Their 'site used to be a few months behind in terms of showing what's available, but it's gotten much worse within the last twelve months. Fortunately, there are other online sources from which one can glean that information easily and quickly.

I'm really surprised they aren't putting more effort in keeping their site up to date. It's 2015, not 1995...

Agreed. Shape of the original MPC '66-'67 Charger isn't bad at all, but Revell beats it in every area of detailing.

When is the old MPC kit a better choice????

If building a 66 Charger NASCAR Cup car the MPC is better.

The Revell kit is so 'scale' that getting racing tires up in the fenders is difficult at best. The MPC with it's 'in-accurate' fender wells take the racing rubber fine.

But I have 3-4 of the old MPC kits put back so I don't need more right now.

The Koo-Koo Kar is kinda kool, actually. I might grab one, partially because I do kind of like Cuckoo clocks.

Flameout has some interesting potential for a early fire engine. Or some other applications.

'70 Monte? Good. Now I have one to put under the Revell '77 so I have a decent chassis.

Charlie Larkin

How long do you think it will be Casey? I am thinking of the one with the yellow car on it??

No idea, but I would guess October or so. I think it was a recent addition to the future releases, so maybe 3rd quarter or so for a street date?

Wasn't there some issue(s) with the rear quarter panel's trailing edges on the Revell '67 Coronet/Charger kits? I seem to recall Roger/plowboy mentioning that and going though some effort to correct it, too. Maybe the MPC body is better in that area?

Wouldn't mind seeing this as the "Great Street Machines" issue from the Seventies. Other than the wheels, I'm not sure how different that one is compared to the more-recent issues.

I was hoping for the same thing. That '80s box art just isn't doing it for me with all the "neon" graphics. :lol:

SAM_8617.216131307_std.JPG

Edited by Casey

Good news on the 1970 Chevy Monte Carlo, 1950 Ford Convertible, and 1958 Chevy Impala, all quality kits that haven't been out for a while.

If the 1970 Dodge Challenger R/T Vanishing Point is the same old convertible kit with the separate top, they really need to stop trying to market that kit as a hardtop, as the separate top has no resemblance to the 1:1 hardtop roofs.

Round 2 does have one other Challenger kit in their possession: the old Lindberg 72ish hardtop, which I believe is really a former Palmer kit. From what I'm told it is also pretty much the only Palmer kit ever created with a decent body, which was supposedly copied from the then current MPC kit. From what I understand, the rest of that kit is pretty useless.

Theoretically, Round 2 could backdate that body to a 1970 and combine it with the guts of the AMT kit to get a decent actual hardtop kit. But I doubt that would ever happen. This is probably just a straight reissue of the convertible tooling, aimed at the movie memorabilia collectors, like the Beverly Hills Cop Nova and the Jack Reacher Chevelle.

Edited by Robberbaron