Model Cars Magazine Forum

New Site/Forum Look

I'm still having problems posting photos unless I take files from my computer. I just tried from Photo Bucket and it did not work so I deleted it.

Hopefully an easier method of posting pictures will be available, I'll wait until then.

As a few others have said the preview post feature would be great to have back.

Other then the picture posting problem and the preview post feature missing I find the new forum look OK.

Edited by VW93
Photo test did not work

With the WYSIWYG posting of a reply now, a preview would be redundant, again,

Now, yes, there are some issues with the picture posting, maybe your puter is still taking things from your browser cache, thatʻs a possibility, since the basic setting of the forum didnʻt change.
Maybe try clear all caches for your browsers.

Itʻs hidden in some, and for Mac, I use Cocktail, which cleans out everything, and then some.

Yes, there is a time limit on posting, thatʻs why you get two quotes instead of one.

post-3-0-37649300-1391452958_thumb.jpg

I like that you can insert a previous image, this is from a while ago.

I like the drag and drop of files/images.

Itʻs making it more in tune to new browsers, etc.

I did just have an incredible idea.

I know, call da cops.

Maybe set up another forum, that mirrors this, but a day late.

Create a script that takes all the posts/threads, etc., and puts them into the older style forum.

Then, an automatic script updates the site every night at midnight.

Charge everyone a hundred bucks a year, Iʻll make a mint!!!!!!

:-)

just pulling legs, chains, and fingers.

still working on that gallery issue

Itʻs a sql table problem, and the uploads are lost, I only have backup from 2011, local, but Iʻll see what new server has in backup logs.

Itʻs a pain, I know, but it will be worth it.

Also, donʻt forget, the Report Post function is your key to getting posts moderated.

I get instant emails/notifications of reported posts, and I do act on them as soon as possible.

I want to give Harry a break, he doesnʻt need to be babysitting anymore.

Got too much stuff for him to do anyway.

Mahalo

and keep on building!

pss.

As most of you know, Iʻve been a surgical guinea pig for the back hackers here in Hawaiʻi.

Just got word this week that Iʻll be going in for surgery #7 this Fall, maybe Sept/October.

This will be the last one, guarans barens

Hopefully Iʻll be "back to normal" soon thereafter, and visiting everyone at shows across the country.

k den

photo DSCN3241_zpspno8gefp.jpg

Just thought I'd give the "copy & paste" method a try being as it seems to be one of our only options going forward.

Guess it works fine but it sure would be nice if we could get back to the old method at some point.

good luck Gregg

We really are a "pain in the neck", aren't we? :D

Steve

Edited by StevenGuthmiller

The old one was a bit easier for me but right now I don't know if it exist but when I use to go on the old one and click somewhere it took me to my content page I think where I can see the threads ive been following and the darker highlighted ones means there was new post in that thread just not sure if it exist anymore on this one or not... now I have to hunt and peck and hit the FOLLOW CONTENT button to just get notifications of threads I want to keep my eye on... i

I cant upload pictures any more to the server, cant even use an image link to post them ( from ebay as an example )  But havent tried using my photobucket pics yet

And before when I opened a thread I had viewed before it took me directly to where I last visited,,now it takes me to the begining of the thread ,regardless if I had looked at it before or not

I just tried to update my Charlie Allen topic, but when I paste the URL and hit the button, all I get is a spinning timer. I've done it using this method a week ago. Not working now.

Someone suggested using the "add code" brackets but that's not working either.

Hopefully, like my hobby room, it's a work in progress.

I also found a setting in admin, "Allow HTML"

but, donʻtʻ know if that was only for sigs, or for the posts.

i losing it

(Danno, no comment, please)

:huh:

:mellow:

Just making sure your listening... :-)

I just tried to update my Charlie Allen topic, but when I paste the URL and hit the button, all I get is a spinning timer. I've done it using this method a week ago. Not working now.

Same here. I haven't been able to post pics in about a week now. It worked for me before (since the site change).

Iʻm trying to collect all recent issues. Can you add your top ones to this post?

Thanks

The biggest for me, is the never ending wheel of death I get when I try to post from PB, using URL. Other than that, I'm cool with the site.

Ditto!

I've had to resort to the "copy & Paste" method.

I guess it works okay, but it would be really nice to be able to post photos as we used to.

Steve

what ever happened to the my content link where i could view my threads and the threads i had commented on?

Now it's on the upper right corner, right under the "search" box.

It's now called "New Content".

Once you click on it you'll see a box on the left headed by "Content Type", "Filters" & "Time Period".

You'll have to set those filters as you want them.

I had to set them after the update & now it works exactly as it did when it was called "My Content" in the old format.

Hope that's what you were looking for.

Steve

Edited by StevenGuthmiller

Nice work with the new look, but for some reason my iPad doesn't like it. I can view threads, but I can't reply or respond to messages. Older version was working fine, but need help to figure out the bugs with the new system. I'm using my desktop to post at the moment, so any help or advice will be appreciated as I like to interact with folks here. TIA.

Mike

Edited by youngtiger1